2011 Peterbilt 389 fuel won’t stay equal
03-06-2019, (Subject: 2011 Peterbilt 389 fuel won’t stay equal ) 
2011 Peterbilt 389 fuel won’t stay equal
Hey guys I can’t get the fuel to stay equal in both my tanks. I’ve tried everything I know of. New vents, replaced the t valve on the crossmember that the return lines go to. Tried 5007 power klenz in both tanks, and still doing the same thing. It’s not always the same tank either. One time it might pull all out of the left tank and the next time might be the right tank. Anyone else had this problem, or know w any other ideas to try?
replyreply
03-09-2019, (Subject: 2011 Peterbilt 389 fuel won’t stay equal ) 
RE: 2011 Peterbilt 389 fuel won’t stay equal
Hopefully someone will chime in. Idk myself. One pump sucking more then the other?
Electrical?

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
Make sure the hoses from the splitting T to the tanks are equal length and have a close to equal droop under the frame. Ive actually put valves on the top of the tanks before so I could regulate the return to one side or the other
replyreply
Just be glad you don't have just a left suction and return and a crossover line at the bottom of the tanks but big wrench is right the lines on both the suction and return have to be the same length if not one can return more or suck more out
replyreply
03-10-2019, (Subject: 2011 Peterbilt 389 fuel won’t stay equal ) 
how far off are we talking when driving down the road your right tank if your in the right lane should almost always be 1/8 or so higher than left just from the lean of the road. and when parked somewhere its a crapshoop as to which tank will be higher due to slope of parking lots.

ive only got 1 fuel gauge and on the really cold nights when ill idle the truck i have had my gauge go from 1/2 to a bit over 5/8 just from the lean of a lot filling my drivers tank more than passenger.
replyreply
03-10-2019, (Subject: 2011 Peterbilt 389 fuel won’t stay equal ) 
I would replace t-block valve on the suction side

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
09-30-2020, (Subject: 2011 Peterbilt 389 fuel won’t stay equal ) 
Did you figure this problem out? I am having a fuel leveling issue to. My vents are clear. I have replaced both fuel splitter valves for draw and return, the fuel lines are clear and it's not drawing from passenger side? Any thoughts. Pete 389
replyreply
Fuel tube problem, inside the tank?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
no sir. I pulled it out. I had to drain the coolant cuz i have the fuel tank heaters and I inspected it for cracks and I blew through it, then plugged it with my finger and blew through again without escape. I would think the issue has to be from the fuel splitter back to the tank because it's running off driver side tank and I would think if it was an issue from the splitter up to motor than it wouldn't run? I have put a valve on top of passenger side return line because it had drawing from drivers side and dumping it into passenger side. I have since closed it once it stopped drawing off passenger side. I may have to install a crossover line between the tanks but I was hoping not to. I do have ports on the bottom of tanks. They are a 3/8 inch plug. Is there fuel line available in that size? Is there a special "goop" to put around elbow fitting so that fuel wouldn't leak out around it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.