Isx coolant temp sensor
03-07-2019, (Subject: Isx coolant temp sensor ) 
Isx coolant temp sensor
Is there more then one coolant temp sensor? If so where are they located and which goes to gauge? Thanks. 09 ISX 871 I believe.
replyreply
RE: Isx coolant temp sensor
quickserve.cummins.com. is your friend

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
There are two that I know of on my truck.

One is on the coolant resevoir.

The other is beside on top of the thermostate housing on the passenger side.

Both are fairly easy to replace.

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
Okay thanks, I'll check that link out. I replace the one by the thermostat this morning since it was cheap and easy to get to but my temperature gauge is still maxed out. I'm guessing there's a short in The Wire. I guess I could check the ohm readings going to the gauge to rule out a faulty gauge. Thanks again guys
replyreply
Does the gauge sweep when you first turn your key on? No, then its probably the gauge or the power to the instrument cluster. Is there a check engine light on?
replyreply
It had been fluctuating from 0 to 350 but today is just pegged out and stays that way with her eye turn the key off or not. I'll measure the ohm readings to the Gage to see if it's within range of normal operating temperature. Thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.