CM 2350 injector question
03-08-2019, (Subject: CM 2350 injector question ) 
CM 2350 injector question
Hello everyone! I've searched for quite awhile, but cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. Could someone explain the three sets of numbers on the injectors...

for ex. from CYL #1

1.) 2897320 - (all my injectors share this number, PN maybe?)
2.) 16012D201 - (varied through the 6 injectors, some similar though)
3.) GT0NEL6RR - (all 6 injectors very different)

....also, just to be clear, is it the number "zero" or the letter 'O'? I'm assuming whichever it is, means the other will never be used.

thank you all in advance!
replyreply
RE: CM 2350 injector question
2897320 is probably the part number
and either 2 or 3 is a code that has to be put into the computer so it knows how to run that injector every injector has a code that lets the computer know information about its specs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
Also need to make sure your injector trim codes listed in Insite match the injector trim codes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Actually Rawze, that’s what I’m going to have to do..... put the correct values in. I have the CM2250 ECu running a 2350.
replyreply
I’m assuming (based off what is currently in my ECM) the last line is the injector barcode that needs to be entered into the ECM ?
replyreply
03-09-2019, (Subject: CM 2350 injector question ) 
(03-08-2019 )SquareOne Wrote:  I’m assuming (based off what is currently in my ECM) the last line is the injector barcode that needs to be entered into the ECM ?

maybe a picture of the injector, where you found the code(s) would help.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-08-2019 )SquareOne Wrote:  Actually Rawze, that’s what I’m going to have to do..... put the correct values in. I have the CM2250 ECu running a 2350.

Cummins does not make a program for the CM2250 ECU that is compatible with CM2350 hardware. - I have had to make custom programs for that setup for people several times in the past. Because they are so stupid, the ignorant stealershits will sometimes put a CM2350 engine/block as a replacement engine into a truck that takes a CM2250, then slap on the CM2250 ECU so the older emissions systems will somewhat work. Problem is that the internals are NOT 100% compatible/very different!...

* They have very different compression ratios.
* They have very different injector spray pattern designs.
* They have different cams, piston, and other components in them.

The engine will run, but it leads to...

* slight power losses.
* fuel mileage and other efficiency issues.
* fuel impingement problems.
* Shortened engine life.
* Increased sensitivity of Emissions system troubles.

-- The red engine maker does not have a correct program for this situation. The only proper solution for such a bastard child is custom programming. Everything from injection timing, compression ratio offsets, injection pressures, intake and exhaust volume efficiency settings, and other internal differences need to be corrected so the ecu can run the 2350 hardware correctly again. these changes also need to to be applied for the correct program that is compatible with the make/model truck too. - I have had to straighten out a few already for people because the a-hole stealershits that are doing this crap aren't solving this issue.

-- I see a trip to GA (likely my house) in your very near future to have the programming fixed in that thing if your running a CM2350 engine on a CM2250 ECU. - Especially if you say that they did not even bother to set the right injector trim codes,.. your problems are worse than you think.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , DSTdriver
I agree, form the research I've done and when we spoke a couple weeks ago, I def need to have this corrected. I'm trying to minimize the effect of the problem with what I can do on my end before I cause any damage. The truck will not see its first load until the programming is where it needs to be... thanks Rawze...PM sent
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.