Forced regen face plug question
03-10-2019, (Subject: Forced regen face plug question ) 
Forced regen face plug question
Haven't done a forced regen (insite) since august. May have forgotten a few things. Had to reinstall insite after windows 10 update ( I know, I know...).
Anyway have the software running noticed two things; 1. Active faceplug fault from idling a lot, not surprised but assume I have to drive off the active fault before I can run a forced parked regen. 2. With key on engine not running, the dpf parameter for differential pressure reads 0.12. Any thing I can do to zero that out? Thanks

2009 engine year 871 dpf no scr 800k miles

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
RE: Forced regen face plug question
Do a forced regen, and hopefully the hg reading will be far below 12

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
cleared the faceplug fault. did the regen and dpf differential after was 0.0 with key on engine not running with idling pressure of 0.2 after the cook. Not sure where the 0.12 was coming from earlier. history is typical; between 2 and 13 hours between rolling regens. depends on load weight and speed.
the maximum pressures during rolling regens may be while pulling a hill. the parked regen looks better but was only 1100 rpm no load.
satisfied considering the miles and hours; a little over 20k hrs run time. Was a mega fleet truck with company drivers.
./uploads/201903/post_3119_1552262532_73d16f263b2c54f5cd89fedb2b6ba6d9.jpg

replyreply
03-11-2019, (Subject: Forced regen face plug question ) 
(03-10-2019 )DosGatos Wrote:  cleared the faceplug fault. did the regen and dpf differential after was 0.0 with key on engine not running with idling pressure of 0.2 after the cook. Not sure where the 0.12 was coming from earlier. history is typical; between 2 and 13 hours between rolling regens. depends on load weight and speed.
the maximum pressures during rolling regens may be while pulling a hill. the parked regen looks better but was only 1100 rpm no load.
satisfied considering the miles and hours; a little over 20k hrs run time. Was a mega fleet truck with company drivers.

maybe you got it solved. All but the newest (topmost value) numbers down the right hand side don't look too good. Above 3.0 inhg is not so good in history.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-11-2019, (Subject: Forced regen face plug question ) 
If I drive with the laptop running, I can see the doser on, temps and pressure. The "3's" are on hills at 1500+ rpm. Always been that way since I've had the truck. On flats I'll see 1.7 at 65mph 1450rpm.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.