ISL9 turbo problems
03-11-2019, (Subject: ISL9 turbo problems ) 
ISL9 turbo problems
I am having trouble with a few trucks going through turbos. They are all egr/dpf removed with vgt turbos. The one I’m messing with currently is a Cummins ISL9 425hp. In a 2015 kenworth. After reading around on this forum I’m sure it’s something to do with how they reprogrammed the ecm. Does anyone know how to reprogram the turbo to compensate for the higher egt’s?
replyreply
03-11-2019, (Subject: ISL9 turbo problems ) 
RE: ISL9 turbo problems
Any sort of decent programming should not shorten the life of the VG turbocharger at all, but extend it due to less soot/carbon going through it.

What is the boost getting to? - EGT'S? -- Do you even have a boost and pyro gauge on it? -- If not, that should have been your first investment long before having done what you did.

Have you used Insite to see what the turbo is doing? - What positions it is going to? - its KRPM it is getting up to in a hard pull?,.. those are the things you want to check out as well.

Shortened turbocharger lifespan is one of the very common signs of bad deletes...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

For an ISL9, Maybe PM Mommaburt and/or Unilevers, they can help you look at what you got. Your post implies your the victim of the all too common "trading away DPF issues with enigne/turbo failure issues/bad delete" scenario that plagues our industry.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.