DPF problems
03-13-2019, (Subject: DPF problems ) 
DPF problems
Hey Guys it's been a while, I have bought a 2011 KW with a 2250, replaced 2 injectors (Trim Coded) replaced AFT fuel pressure sensor still have a 1926 active. I haven't did region yet it was late when I got done. Question is it would not get hot enough to do a regen injectors were replaced. Is that the problem or do I need to look further? Soot level shows a 5 Do I need to go ahead and pull filter and clean? and I'm being told you can wash them out rather than baking or do I buy a new one. Cummins History shows DPF filter 6/13 but no mileage or what was actually done. I know nothing about the truck other than the desk shows 808000 miles and 25000 hrs. Trying to get it on the road. Thanks in advance
replyreply
RE: DPF problems
Don't wash it out. The ash will plug the holes on the dpf and turn to concrete, the doc has precious metals impregnated on the strata that will wash out.

You can remove them and blow them out with compressed air. It won't do as good of a job and after spending hours blowing and taping and blowing you will wish you paid Cummins $300 to clean and bake them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ronnie4447
Go to quickserve.cummins.com to set up account and find out what the 1926 code is. Do not wash your dpf with water. Your 5 reading is to high, and obviously because your system is not able to produce enough heat, preventing the regen to clean your system.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(03-13-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Go to quickserve.cummins.com to set up account and find out what the 1926 code is. Do not wash your dpf with water. Your 5 reading is to high, and obviously because your system is not able to produce enough heat, preventing the regen to clean your system.

I have an account 1926 is the AFT pressure sensor that I replaced but code is still active going to try regain this morning and see if that helps then drop filter if not thanks again.This DEF stuff is all new to me and the service manual is like a mouse in a wheel round and round
replyreply
(03-13-2019 )Ronnie4447 Wrote:  Hey Guys it's been a while, I have bought a 2011 KW with a 2250, replaced 2 injectors (Trim Coded) replaced AFT fuel pressure sensor still have a 1926 active. I haven't did region yet it was late when I got done. Question is it would not get hot enough to do a regen injectors were replaced. Is that the problem or do I need to look further? Soot level shows a 5 Do I need to go ahead and pull filter and clean? and I'm being told you can wash them out rather than baking or do I buy a new one. Cummins History shows DPF filter 6/13 but no mileage or what was actually done. I know nothing about the truck other than the desk shows 808000 miles and 25000 hrs. Trying to get it on the road. Thanks in advance

Fault Code: 1926
PID: S332
SPN: 3480
FMI: 2/2
Aftertreatment Fuel Pressure Sensor - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect. The ECM has detected that the aftertreatment fuel pressure signal is not changing with engine operating conditions.

I.E.> It is "stuck in range", reading a valid pressure, but not changing in reading/pressure in sync with the rest of the engine.

-- You need to fix the problem with the Doser fuel pressure sensor.

The engine is not going to complete a regen until you fix this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-13-2019 )Ronnie4447 Wrote:  ...
I know nothing about the truck other than the desk shows 808000 miles and 25000 hrs. Trying to get it on the road. Thanks in advance

At 800k+ miles and 25k hours on the clock, I doubt you can ever make that system happy any more. That is most likely why it got sold. The engine is worn out enough to have valve guide seal leaks, head worn out, enough blo-by, combustion effeciency losses, old worn turbocharger with slight effeciency loss, badly-reading NOx and other expensive sensors, worn out DOC,DPF,SRC cans, and a host of other minor to medium problems at that point in its life.

At that high of mileage, even if you get the emissions system running great again + dump new money into new NOx sensors, new SCR can, new turbocharger, and a lot of other components,.. it will only run a few months at a time and be blocked up again due to oil mist face-plugging the DOC/DPF, and your troubles start all over again. Those systems only work well when the engine is working very well, and is in very good shape.

Anyone buying a truck with that many miles on it had best be prepared to inframe the engine + replace turbo just it to make the emissions systems happy again,... or de-mandate it properly, get some more life form the old turbo, run it as long as it will hold together ... THEN likely still need to inframe it within a year or so when you realize the engine is worn to the bone.

Just stating the obvious.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: a113n , Ronnie4447
03-15-2019, (Subject: DPF problems ) 
(03-13-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-13-2019 )Ronnie4447 Wrote:  ...
I know nothing about the truck other than the desk shows 808000 miles and 25000 hrs. Trying to get it on the road. Thanks in advance

At 800k+ miles and 25k hours on the clock, I doubt you can ever make that system happy any more. That is most likely why it got sold. The engine is worn out enough to have valve guide seal leaks, head worn out, enough blo-by, combustion effeciency losses, old worn turbocharger with slight effeciency loss, badly-reading NOx and other expensive sensors, worn out DOC,DPF,SRC cans, and a host of other minor to medium problems at that point in its life.

At that high of mileage, even if you get the emissions system running great again + dump new money into new NOx sensors, new SCR can, new turbocharger, and a lot of other components,.. it will only run a few months at a time and be blocked up again due to oil mist face-plugging the DOC/DPF, and your troubles start all over again. Those systems only work well when the engine is working very well, and is in very good shape.

Anyone buying a truck with that many miles on it had best be prepared to inframe the engine + replace turbo just it to make the emissions systems happy again,... or de-mandate it properly, get some more life form the old turbo, run it as long as it will hold together ... THEN likely still need to inframe it within a year or so when you realize the engine is worn to the bone.

Just stating the obvious.

Absolutely true I bought the truck as a repo super cheap expecting to rebuild it, got the stuff straighten out right now and gonna run it till then drove it down the road bobtail and it seems strong no smoke. I do understand what you are saying and am sending you a PM about some things. Thanks again for you're insite.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.