CM870 head out after 40k, ECM calibrations, mechanics or parts?
05-14-2016, (Subject: CM870 head out after 40k, ECM calibrations, mechanics or parts? ) 
CM870 head out after 40k, ECM calibrations, mechanics or parts?
Good day for everyone,

2005 volvo cummins isx cm870, 3 different ESN (on engine cap, on ECM and in cummins insite...
400hp, 475hp, 565hp) different calibration and cpl by ESN on Quickserve.com.

I got very bad experience with this truck, previous owner loved extreme.. Now after I owned it, I become the permanent customer at the local shops!!
3 months later i had to make in-frame rebuild, installed new head, new camshafts..
40k later coolant started leaking out in the oil and exhaust system from cylinder head, now i am busy fixing this, got a lot of fun!

Meanwhile, I did some research, I got my INLINE5 , successfully installed insite 7.6 , incall feb 2014 and calterm 3, and I will going to install the right ECM calibrations.

The Question is: Where I can see the right ESN number, can I trust the data plate information from the top of rocker lever cover or this also can be mounted from another engine; Will calibration reset help or I better search for more qualitative repair shops?

Please, any advice is welcome!
replyreply
05-14-2016, (Subject: CM870 head out after 40k, ECM calibrations, mechanics or parts? ) 
RE: CM870 head out after 40k, ECM calibrations, mechanics or parts?
Call the Volvo dealer and have them run your vin number. They should be able tell you what you have under that hood. Unless the motor was swapped out... They should be able to get you on the right path. Also, see if they can print off your build sheet.
replyreply
I believe they will tell me the same number that I can see on the door frame on the driver side, does the engine has another place where I can see the ESN?
replyreply
The engine number is stamped into the block just above the top left hand corner of the oil cooler housing.
replyreply
05-20-2016, (Subject: CM870 head out after 40k, ECM calibrations, mechanics or parts? ) 
quickserve has a vin to esn feature.
replyreply
05-21-2016, (Subject: CM870 head out after 40k, ECM calibrations, mechanics or parts? ) 
(05-20-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  quickserve has a vin to esn feature.

I know that for some people work better to install a new or another used engine to the truck then to rebuild it, save time and money, I am afraid those from Quickserve can`t see that , especially if the engine switch is done at a small not licensed shop.

I found 2 matches on my truck and I think I know the right ESN already,

Thank everyone for help!
replyreply
05-21-2016, (Subject: CM870 head out after 40k, ECM calibrations, mechanics or parts? ) 
you may want to have a look at your cylinder sleeve height if the head is still off, you can also match your Injector, camshafts and turbo numbers for the correct CPL.

the coolant could be coming off a faulty injector cup.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
I would take the truck to Gearhead's shop to get it taken care of right. That 870 is one of his specialties.
replyreply
05-22-2016, (Subject: CM870 head out after 40k, ECM calibrations, mechanics or parts? ) 
(05-21-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  I would take the truck to Gearhead's shop to get it taken care of right. That 870 is one of his specialties.

this is a good idea
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.