Alternative APU System I saw last night.
04-21-2020, (Subject: Alternative APU System I saw last night. ) 
RE: Alternative APU System I saw last night.
Electrics been here for while good part about engine apus is extra charging source and engine heater in winter. But I think build your own from other sources will be the future as 10-15 grand is way over priced Apu shouldn't be more than 5-6 grand there's no way these things cost more to make than a pickup diesel engine

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo
(04-21-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Electrics been here for while good part about engine apus is extra charging source and engine heater in winter. But I think build your own from other sources will be the future as 10-15 grand is way over priced Apu shouldn't be more than 5-6 grand there's no way these things cost more to make than a pickup diesel engine

i agree with you, thats damn near half a decent rebuild lol... 10-15k? man.... id rather make my own like snail did.

man for 15k.... you could really build an awesome APU!! thats probably getting everything on the high end.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
I think you guys missed that he said in Aus... like put another shrimp on the barby Australia. The conversion is .63 US dollar.
Thats $6300-$9450
replyreply
I priced a new tripac when I was thinking bout new truck I was told 11.5-12k installed.

You can get a used tripac yanmar engine for 800-1000 bucks.

Rebuild it for maybe 800 bucks. Put cutout style oil pressure and water temp sensors to kill the run circuit if something goes wrong
Run the oil pressure first so while cranking it sends power to temp sensor then temp sensor to run relays for fans and fuel cutoff relay.

You could probably build a bolt or weld together frame for 150-200 bucks

Put a new ac comp and alt on it for 500 bucks or less
Buy all the parts for any evap box and condenser or build your own for 1000-1200 with all new hoses, low/high sensors and some type of thermostat

Or find a way to tie the apus ac pump into trucks and put electric fans on the condenser and key off power to the trucks HVAC system

Put an ignition switch in the cab for run power and starter and a momentary switch for glowplugs relay.

Get a $120 eBay Chinese espar clone with lcd control screen

Or have Rawze teach you how to code and use an Arduino setup and run it all off that.

I think 3-4 grand and you would have a basic tripac setup

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
Maybe 4.5grand if you live far from Rawze for the coding class but your taste buds and beer belly will cherish the trip.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , amermextrucker
04-22-2020, (Subject: Alternative APU System I saw last night. ) 
I can give you all numbers of investment in my APU.
$1250 brand new Kubota single cylinder engine 10 HP 3000 RPM.
Why I choose this engine? Because only this engine will fit in space between DPF and fuel tank and has great reputation in sailboat community for reliability and low maintenance.
$200 for generator head 4 KW, new from local Craiglist.
$127 for iron from local metal market.
$12 fuel pump
$27 coolant pump
$56 for pulleys
$34 H100 440 timing belt
$56 radiator with electrical fan.
$10 oil pressure switch sensor
$ 68 Generator smart controller
$34 10 wires cable for control signals
$ 5 thermo switch sensor for cooling fan fro junk yard.
$10 Cooling system hoses from junk yard
$460 AC split system
$ 25 fasteners and paint.
$100 Smart charger 100 amp for battery charging.
Total is $2500 with all small things I forget to mention.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.