GlowShift boost gauge response
07-06-2019, (Subject: GlowShift boost gauge response ) 
RE: GlowShift boost gauge response
(07-05-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  ...also might want to loosen the retaining brace, re-seat the gauge + ensure the face is not twisted. People make them too tight and it screws up the needle response, etc. Also if the face plate gets twisted easily. This usually often makes the push button sticky if it gets twisted out of whack far enough.

I'll check into in , though I would assume of that were the issue than it would've occurred fairly early on from the install date. Originally when I looked here for recommendations and watched the install video I remember the gauge tightness being an issue with some people. Also, the gauge sweeps nice and smooth and the color changing button works well.

(07-05-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  ..Though I will say I have not installed any in the past 6 months or so. possible change in quality?...

Did the older ones have any metal on the gauge? The one I have (about 3-4months old) is all plastic. Maybe you're onto something with the quality change?
replyreply
(07-06-2019 )SquareOne Wrote:  ...

Did the older ones have any metal on the gauge? The one I have (about 3-4months old) is all plastic. Maybe you're onto something with the quality change?

The one set of gauges I still have here (spares) that I have had for a long time, still new in the box, the outer housings are black aluminum.

WoW!, I just looked the old order up on line... they look totally different than when I purchased my leas set, even the wiring and probe(s) look different.

lolz, I just deleted my reviews of them on amazon, since I no longer know their quality.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
Good to see I'm not the only 1 that'll go back and change a review as things change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , SquareOne
My glowshift pyro started doing that max out recently. It will max out for a few seconds and then return to normal on it's own. Scared me at first because I've been having some other issues lately (doser sprang a leak and caught on fire) and thought that it was happening again. I'm guessing maybe the fire damaged the lead for the temp sensor on the pyro on mine. Maybe check that lead on yours possibly where it connects to the gauge.
replyreply
07-07-2019, (Subject: GlowShift boost gauge response ) 
(07-06-2019 )Rilloroc Wrote:  My glowshift pyro started doing that max out recently. It will max out for a few seconds and then return to normal on it's own. Scared me at first because I've been having some other issues lately (doser sprang a leak and caught on fire) and thought that it was happening again. I'm guessing maybe the fire damaged the lead for the temp sensor on the pyro on mine. Maybe check that lead on yours possibly where it connects to the gauge.

the pyro needle will go to max if the probe looses its connection. It will also cycle to max for a moment if the gauge resets due to noise or intermittent connection detect.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-05-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  they did change their pyro probe no longer that small 1/16 or so gauge one now its about 1/4 or better thick.

The small one is so much nicer to clamp to the manifold. Trying to get the small tip on the new 1/4”dia one could be challenging.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(07-06-2019 )Rilloroc Wrote:  My glowshift pyro started doing that max out recently. It will max out for a few seconds and then return to normal on it's own. Scared me at first because I've been having some other issues lately (doser sprang a leak and caught on fire) and thought that it was happening again. I'm guessing maybe the fire damaged the lead for the temp sensor on the pyro on mine. Maybe check that lead on yours possibly where it connects to the gauge.

I had the post turbo one do that last year. If I had someone watch inside while I moved the wires where they exit the probe, they would see fluctuations. Replaced the probe/lead, all good.
The way they roll the lead up and put it in the wrapping may cause wire strain before you even get it out of the box and installed.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.