Oil Pressure HIGH
07-31-2016, (Subject: Oil Pressure HIGH ) 
RE: Oil Pressure HIGH
(07-31-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(02-23-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  How much work is involved with this repair? Does the radiator have to be removed? Is the camshaft lobe damage due to a seized Cam Follower Roller?

Radiator and CAC can stay in, no need to remove. How long ago was the in frame or rebuild? And I hope that is not a new cam in there... Yes, I would be pissed too...

My story is a typical $12k rebuild for "an inframe rebuild" that costs much more than if it was done thoroughly to begin with. The head and cam were reused, then an ERG Valve got stuck open turning my oil to sludge in less miles than an oil change.

Wish it had been done right, not dealer spec....Rawze spec!

Next time you're considering some major engine problems mke sure to ask Rawze first! It might be the phone call that saved you THOUSANDS OF DOLLAR $$$ in the long run.
replyreply
Gearhead, and Unilevers are very good too from what I have been told.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-31-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  
(07-31-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(02-23-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  How much work is involved with this repair? Does the radiator have to be removed? Is the camshaft lobe damage due to a seized Cam Follower Roller?

Radiator and CAC can stay in, no need to remove. How long ago was the in frame or rebuild? And I hope that is not a new cam in there... Yes, I would be pissed too...

My story is a typical $12k rebuild for "an inframe rebuild" that costs much more than if it was done thoroughly to begin with. The head and cam were reused, then an ERG Valve got stuck open turning my oil to sludge in less miles than an oil change.

Wish it had been done right, not dealer spec....Rawze spec!

Next time you're considering some major engine problems mke sure to ask Rawze first! It might be the phone call that saved you THOUSANDS OF DOLLAR $$$ in the long run.

Well... I first called Rawze, and then Unilever... They walked me through the entire affair, and GOD BLESS THEM! I actually spent allot more money than planned because of their words, especially Unilever. He recommended changing out components that I had no knowledge of that cost little in the big scheme of things, as everything was apart and easy to replace. No extra labor costs, just the parts. Sad thing are the parts, like my Mexican reman turbo, wanted a new one, they don't make them anymore... On my second turbo in a matter of weeks... Hoping this one holds together. I cannot say enough good things about Unilever, he has been an angel sent from heaven in my book. And I will leave it at that.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.