Base timing help
03-19-2019, (Subject: Base timing help ) 
Base timing help
I have the pin and wedges. Turn the damper to insert pin. Pined the crank put my wedges in "4 injection cam" "6 valve cam". Ran the over head with 7mm on brake, .014 on intake, .027 on exhaust. Still getting a really bad knock when I started her. Went back pulled cam gears and did everything again just to make sure i did it right. But got the same knock. There is a mark on my damper the reads "TDC 1.6" should I be setting my cams with the damper on this mark? Please help
replyreply
RE: Base timing help
Forgot to tell yall I'm working on a 565 isx 870 CP 8518 this is the 1st time ever rebuilt a big diesel. I'm kind of panicking been off the road for a month and really need to get back to work
replyreply
Did you look up the procedure for your engine on quickserve? All the information should be there.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(03-19-2019 )Swaid25 Wrote:  Forgot to tell yall I'm working on a 565 isx 870 CP 8518 this is the 1st time ever rebuilt a big diesel. I'm kind of panicking been off the road for a month and really need to get back to work
Hopefully you did counterbore work, and liners set to 0.14

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Swaid25
(03-19-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Did you look up the procedure for your engine on quickserve? All the information should be there.
I followed the book. It doesn't say anything about the TDC mark on the damp. But I did just look it up on quickserve and it's the same as my book. But thanks for the new information on quickserve
replyreply
they knock like crazy when you first start them as there is no fuel in the IFSM and lotsa air. Let it idle for about 10 minutes and it will smooth out. I hope you used loctite on the cam gears and followed the procedure right or it will slip

let it idle for a few, they sound terrible on first startup
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Swaid25
congrats on getting it all together in a month, my hat is of to you! :D.

Did you have all the tools for the job before you started?

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
03-20-2019, (Subject: Base timing help ) 
Also someone needs to make sure they are using the correct base timing. There are variations for the CM870 engines based on CPL. Just mentioning this here for reference: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid29926

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-20-2019, (Subject: Base timing help ) 
(03-19-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  congrats on getting it all together in a month, my hat is of to you! :D.

Did you have all the tools for the job before you started?
Had everything but the timing wedges. Was able to Barrow them at first, but had to buy them when I went back to check out if I did it wrong.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.