Base timing help
03-20-2019, (Subject: Base timing help ) 
RE: Base timing help
(03-19-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  they knock like crazy when you first start them as there is no fuel in the IFSM and lotsa air. Let it idle for about 10 minutes and it will smooth out. I hope you used loctite on the cam gears and followed the procedure right or it will slip

let it idle for a few, they sound terrible on first startup
I did not use loctite but I still have the front cover off so I'll pull the gears again and use it I'm thinking its 609 but I'll check it again.
replyreply
03-22-2019, (Subject: Base timing help ) 
Well got the timing down she was running smoothly for about 25 minutes. Then started knocking. Turned her off. Tried to bar over and can only get about 7/8 of a full turn. Barred backwards to repin crank and check timing. It did not slip she still in time. Pull rockers all values move and measure the same. Pulled injectors put camera in couldn't see any thing wrong but #6 had scared liner pulling head to see what's going on. Anyone have any information??
replyreply
03-22-2019, (Subject: Base timing help ) 
(03-22-2019 )Swaid25 Wrote:  Well got the timing down she was running smoothly for about 25 minutes. Then started knocking. Turned her off. Tried to bar over and can only get about 7/8 of a full turn. Barred backwards to repin crank and check timing. It did not slip she still in time. Pull rockers all values move and measure the same. Pulled injectors put camera in couldn't see any thing wrong but #6 had scared liner pulling head to see what's going on. Anyone have any information??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdTXWXKu...Zc_5ZwzDiw

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Swaid25
03-23-2019, (Subject: Base timing help ) 
Just an update found my problem. #1 rod bolts backed out on me. After I had torque every thing down 3 times. Guess when I dropped the valve in #1 it made the rod weak. "The reason I'm rebuilding in the 1st place "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.