Another big red headache
03-21-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
Another big red headache
Did what you said yesterday rawze unpluged the EGR differential pressure sensor no change in how the truck ran and no codes here's a snapshot of some things I've been watching on insight the Max's we're all hit doing a 45 to 55ish mile an hour run in 11th up to 1600 RPM. Don't know about all the other Max's but the boost only hit 33 PSI with foot to the floor.
if anyone sees anything else out of the ordinary for max power push at 500 horse let me know

Cm871 proper @m*m^2 13 speed 73 over 336 gears.

Guess I'll be building a pressure testing system this weekend for the intake system

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Another big red headache
Run it at 100% engine load for a good 30 seconds+ or so at 1500-1600 rpm and see what it peaks. Maybe take a screen shot of live data while it is still under those conditions as well.

The live data at 56% load also only shows 14~ish psi on the boost. A bit low if you ask me, yet the turbo is positioned roughly where it should be for that model truck at that % load.

just some thoughts at a glance.

Have you tried it with the exhaust removed off the back of the turbo to see if it improves? (possible exhaust restriction?)

if it was only a couple PSI high or low, I would say it simply needs adjustment,.. but if it is that far off,.. something is a-miss somewhere... Boost leak, exhaust restriction, leaking injector, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
That should have been because it was about 30 to 45 seconds that I was climbing up a hill on the run that made the Max's
replyreply
I'll pull the DPF this weekend when I get home to make sure none of the two inch a honeycomb fell inside
replyreply
When you hammer on and it goes right to 29 or 30 at then slowly climbsto 33
replyreply
(03-21-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  That should have been because it was about 30 to 45 seconds that I was climbing up a hill on the run that made the Max's

Check everything well, ensure there are no leaks,etc. and ensure boost levels at max load are legit. After that, if it needs adjusting, it can be done in the program. A person just should not turn things up in the programming unless it needs it legitimately.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-22-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
Even though it reads 0% open, the EGR valve can be stuck open and leaking. Have you blocked the EGR circuit off with some solid plates?
replyreply
EGR is blocked
replyreply
Well found small leak on boot from turbo so now it gets to 35psi when held to floor at 1500-1600rpms up a hill. Goes to 30psi immediately then very slow climbs took about 20sec to get to 35.
Going to measure boot size tomorrow and go buy some pvc pipe parts to plug and test cac tomorrow when I take exhaust apart.

Also tried old imap to make sure wasn't a sensor issue.
And I would think almost 100k rippums on the turbo should be boosting good.

Question

if I don't find a leak or plug tomorrow could the 1.1mil mile head be the issue? Overhead was done 2 weeks ago. Injectors/actuators replaced in last 4mos so don't think it's fuel related. And everything below head was over hauled 200k ago. Before I bought truck. I'll post pics of overhaul invoices in a bit to show part lists.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.