Another big red headache
04-01-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
RE: Another big red headache
yeah i plan on bringing up a few table copies so that i can make a few different tables to just copy paste over into live. and give them a whirl.

im not to afraid of editing but as far as fuel vs air...ill touch air but fuel trims are just a wee bit further than i want to go.

yes its 30k and my life line. but im very near able to just throw down cash for an overhaul so i have a light safety blanket.

and i dont want to run her like a ragged dog but i would just like her to run the way i want. im not a hypermiler but i do run 60-63 when i have extra time to get somewhere and 65-70 when under the gun like thursday when i picked up 2 loads and delivered 3 for a cool $2200 dollar day of deliveries at about $300 in fuel. I was also able to get the truck DOTed to between delivery 2 and 3.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
04-02-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
Well after making the turbo clothes 5% more in the 1400 to 1700 RPM range at around 1500 I hit about 37 lb of boost and 1600 I can measure. 38_39. In the 1400 to 1700 window what boosts should I be at about every hundred RPMs or should I be able to touch Max at 1400?
replyreply
(04-02-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Well after making the turbo clothes 5% more in the 1400 to 1700 RPM range at around 1500 I hit about 37 lb of boost and 1600 I can measure. 38_39. In the 1400 to 1700 window what boosts should I be at about every hundred RPMs or should I be able to touch Max at 1400?

39 seems a touch high for a CM871, 36-38 is more reasonable for 600hp or less. - Above 39~ish, you can cause harm.

For reference sake, at 450HP, mine crests about 36-37 and will creep just above 900-F on EGT's in a hard and long enough pull (like when climbing donnar or cabbage at full throttle and high rpm)- like most trucks should. - Of course, when it hits much above 900+, I back out of it and drop another gear just to keep from torturing the turbo.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
right now it is going to about 35PSI to a slow climb maybe a needles width away from 40 on gauge at 1500-1600 RPM on a long full throw hill.

It goes right to 34-35 then maybe another 10 seconds to climb to 38-39 range and sits there. but if i start a hill around 1375-1400RPM im only getting upto around 35 PSI.

im not really worried about anything less than 1300 RPM as ied wrather not have it making max power in that RPM range anyways. i just need to figoure out where in the fueling range on the graph i really want the edits as its been doing fairly well at flat land cruising just acceleration and hill climbing has been like a hunting dog on its last year in the field.

right now usualy 1400-1600 at cruising speeds depending if im doing 60 or 67 running in 12th i tend to be around 1350-1400 at 67 in top gear so basicaly when loaded trucks a 12 speed.
replyreply
(04-02-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  right now it is going to about 35PSI to a slow climb maybe a needles width away from 40 on gauge at 1500-1600 RPM on a long full throw hill.

It goes right to 34-35 then maybe another 10 seconds to climb to 38-39 range and sits there. but if i start a hill around 1375-1400RPM im only getting upto around 35 PSI.

im not really worried about anything less than 1300 RPM as ied wrather not have it making max power in that RPM range anyways. i just need to figoure out where in the fueling range on the graph i really want the edits as its been doing fairly well at flat land cruising just acceleration and hill climbing has been like a hunting dog on its last year in the field.

right now usualy 1400-1600 at cruising speeds depending if im doing 60 or 67 running in 12th i tend to be around 1350-1400 at 67 in top gear so basicaly when loaded trucks a 12 speed.

gotta admit, it is pretty nice to be able to tweak one's own engine. may be is the only advantage of having isx.

User's Signature: my wisdom is small. my heart is big. my love for trucking is somewhere in between.
replyreply
its nice but even if i had a better understanding of the timing and ways to check spray patterns with fueling i think ied leave those to the guys who have been head deep in these computers over and over again. but as far as boost and what it does thats measurable with gauges. my truck is setup 500 and i beleive 1850 might be 1650 in whatever table controls that its a 2733 CPL and im fine with it just she wasnt boosting quite right and hills and accelerating were murderous when always running between 77 to 80k lbs 98% of all miles driven.

the edits i made today woke her up a bit in the top end.
replyreply
04-06-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
Got my new boots and clamps from 4states. Best fit clamps and flexfab boots. $153 to my door. Better than international they were over $200 just for boots and no clamps.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Nostalgic , DosGatos
04-07-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
(04-06-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Got my new boots and clamps from 4states. Best fit clamps and flexfab boots. $153 to my door. Better than international they were over $200 just for boots and no clamps.

I hope those fit. I know you have the LoneStar, but on my ProStar the aftermarket boots do not fit properly. The International boots have two metal rings vs the aftermarket three rings, which throws things off. I have tried several times with different boots. Only the $$$$ OEM boots from International allow me to line everything up properly. I buy the clamps at FleetPride or Amazon if time allows.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
04-07-2019, (Subject: Another big red headache ) 
(04-07-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-06-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Got my new boots and clamps from 4states. Best fit clamps and flexfab boots. $153 to my door. Better than international they were over $200 just for boots and no clamps.

I hope those fit. I know you have the LoneStar, but on my ProStar the aftermarket boots do not fit properly. The International boots have two metal rings vs the aftermarket three rings, which throws things off. I have tried several times with different boots. Only the $$$$ OEM boots from International allow me to line everything up properly. I buy the clamps at FleetPride or Amazon if time allows.

same with mine. I swore next time I need to replace the boost on mine, I am going to shorten the pipe in its middle somewhere and weld it back together so that the std one's fit.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.