3 pedal autoshift swap
03-23-2019, (Subject: 3 pedal autoshift swap ) 
3 pedal autoshift swap
I've got an 18sp autoshift in my 13 w900. It's constantly throwing codes and issues so I'm thinking about switching to manual since clutch is there already. Wondering if it can be done fairly easily using existing transmission or if it would make more sense to drop it and put a shift tower and a reman 18 into it instead? Get whatever changes need to be done in the ECM as well.
replyreply
03-23-2019, (Subject: 3 pedal autoshift swap ) 
RE: 3 pedal autoshift swap
Best off changing the box.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Skman
03-24-2019, (Subject: 3 pedal autoshift swap ) 
Just curious about the “3 pedal” in your thread title. I thought by 2013 eaton had done away with the manual clutch. If you’ve got a pedal it’s my understanding you can replace the servos on top with a shift tower, do a little plumbing with the air lines and start grinding gears again.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Skman
03-24-2019, (Subject: 3 pedal autoshift swap ) 
If your going to shift by hand you need a clutch pedal the computer has no way to know when and when not to engage the clutch if the servo plate is gone. granted you only need the clutch to start moving.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Skman
03-28-2019, (Subject: 3 pedal autoshift swap ) 
I do have the clutch pedal with this model. It's a 2013 so maybe the last on the line before going to the UltraShift without clutch? I've heard that even tho the body is the same between the Autoshift and a manual tranny that there are some things that make it more difficult to change it over. But then I read where guys were doing it pretty easy. So I figured I'd ask on here if anyone had made the switch.
I have a new heavy duty clutch so I may just see about swapping in a reman 18 and putting a shift tower in place. This tranny is original anyway with 800,000km. Lots of parts have been changed on the tranny (sensors, wiring, XY shifter) but still original inside.
replyreply
03-28-2019, (Subject: 3 pedal autoshift swap ) 
(03-28-2019 )Skman Wrote:  I do have the clutch pedal with this model. It's a 2013 so maybe the last on the line before going to the UltraShift without clutch? I've heard that even tho the body is the same between the Autoshift and a manual tranny that there are some things that make it more difficult to change it over. But then I read where guys were doing it pretty easy. So I figured I'd ask on here if anyone had made the switch.
I have a new heavy duty clutch so I may just see about swapping in a reman 18 and putting a shift tower in place. This tranny is original anyway with 800,000km. Lots of parts have been changed on the tranny (sensors, wiring, XY shifter) but still original inside.

might be less trouble to replace the worn components and re-build the old ones in your spare time?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.