Low power and intermittently no start
03-28-2019, (Subject: Low power and intermittently no start ) 
Low power and intermittently no start
Having a low power problem all of sudden with 2007 isx. On first day of my trip it ran fine. Second day cant get it to take over 90 kmph. Stopped at reat area to check no fuel leak or any thing. But had to prime it few times to get it started. Changed the fuel filters, didnt make any difference. Third day it ran same way with low power first couple hours. After that it ran fine, got me back home.
There were no warning lights on dash related to this(volvo truck). But I checked it under diagnostics. Found
MID 128 PID131 FMI 4
MID 128 PID27 FMI 4
There is no first event and last event listed. So dont know if they are recent or old.
Is any one have idea wht these codes are about and wht could be the issue?
replyreply
RE: Low power and intermittently no start
low power could be anything from boost leak, exhaust restriction, fuel pressure issues, to air in the fuel, blocked up EGR, bad intake or other sensor(s), turbocharger hanging up, etc.

Is it de-mandated?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanx Rawze.
No. Its not derated. But takes long time to reach to 100 kmph than normal.

An had to let automatic prime pump run couple time before I can start back.

Those codes are related to EGR as well?
replyreply
The 1st code looks like a exhaust back pressure sensor reading incorrectly. Possibly plugged with soot. Start with checking the sensor and wiring. Then check the sensor housing feed tube is free and clear of soot. You can often use pipe cleaners to clear out the tube.

2nd code looks like

Fault Code 2272: EGR Valve Position Circuit – Shortened to Low Source or Less Than Normal Voltage

Code Types
FAULT CODE 2272 PID 27 FMI 4 (SPN 27 FMI 4)

EGR valve position circuit shorted to low source or has less than normal voltage. ECM suspects low Signal voltage at EGR valve position sensor circuit.

Both of those codes will cause the problem you describe.
replyreply
Thanx Chamberpains.
Yes EGR pressure bsensor was broken. So replaced that. But other code is still active. Cant find any broken or Rubbed wire. Will check it tomorrow. Is ecm send 5 volt supply power from same pin to most of the sensor or not( just thinking if ECM is mot sending enough voltage to valve or what).
replyreply
(03-28-2019 )manny87 Wrote:  Thanx Chamberpains.
Yes EGR pressure bsensor was broken. So replaced that. But other code is still active. Cant find any broken or Rubbed wire. Will check it tomorrow. Is ecm send 5 volt supply power from same pin to most of the sensor or not( just thinking if ECM is mot sending enough voltage to valve or what).

quickserv,com is your friend. I think there is engine wiring diagram there too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yeah. I am going to create account with it to check it
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.