help with inactive faults
05-15-2016, (Subject: help with inactive faults ) 
help with inactive faults
I have an 07 kenworth t-800 tri-axle log truck with a cummins cm870. It has around 340,000 mi. and 18,000 engine hours. I bought it used from the original owner and have had the truck for just under a year. The truck has some hesitation on acceleration but other than that seems to run just fine. The idle doesn't seem erratic to me and the hesitation during acceleration doesn't really seem to impede performance much. With that being said, the check engine light is on and there are 2 inactive fault codes. The first one says 2791 EGR mechanical system not responding or out of adjustment (FMI7) The second says 2791 EGR current above normal or grounded circuit (FMI6) Does this mean I need a new EGR valve? I've still been using the truck since it still runs good as I mentioned. I've recently started reading about these engines and about the EGR system's. I'm new to these emissions engines and after hearing and reading a LOT of horror stories about them I'm trying to learn what I need to know to keep this engine in good working order. After reading pro's and con's I'm pretty sure I'm gonna retain the (mandate) and just try to keep the system working properly. Any and all advice about this engine is greatly appreciated !! Thanks
replyreply
05-16-2016, (Subject: help with inactive faults ) 
RE: help with inactive faults
(05-15-2016 )tree98 Wrote:  I have an 07 kenworth t-800 tri-axle log truck with a cummins cm870. It has around 340,000 mi. and 18,000 engine hours. I bought it used from the original owner and have had the truck for just under a year. The truck has some hesitation on acceleration but other than that seems to run just fine. The idle doesn't seem erratic to me and the hesitation during acceleration doesn't really seem to impede performance much. With that being said, the check engine light is on and there are 2 inactive fault codes. The first one says 2791 EGR mechanical system not responding or out of adjustment (FMI7) The second says 2791 EGR current above normal or grounded circuit (FMI6) Does this mean I need a new EGR valve? I've still been using the truck since it still runs good as I mentioned. I've recently started reading about these engines and about the EGR system's. I'm new to these emissions engines and after hearing and reading a LOT of horror stories about them I'm trying to learn what I need to know to keep this engine in good working order. After reading pro's and con's I'm pretty sure I'm gonna retain the (mandate) and just try to keep the system working properly. Any and all advice about this engine is greatly appreciated !! Thanks

I would contact Unilevers or Gearhead about it. they can get you straight.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.