Turbo Overspeed???!!!!!!
03-29-2019, (Subject: Turbo Overspeed???!!!!!! ) 
Question Turbo Overspeed???!!!!!!
Hey Guys,

I'm new to Rawze so first I'd like to say thank you for the opportunity. I got a bug I'm trying to fix. Got a customer who has recently had a de-mandated, de-fribulated CM2250 ISX15 with 4 of his vehicles by some tuner. Two trucks to what I know are running with "no apparent" issues, however two of them are throwing fault codes 2973: Intake Manifold Pressure Data Erratic Intermittent or incorrect. Truck ran fine before. Right after now throwing this code. Trying to help a friend who can't get any help from the "file guy" I started going over the normal stuff. Truck has a brand new Intake Pressure Sensor, Exhaust Pressure Sensor, and Turbo Speed Sensor. monitoring all data, the truck seems fine under 3/4 throttle acceleration. You can do highway speed and cruising. Put your foot in it to 100% throttle. Turbo speed goes form the 90k to the range of 120k-130k and truck goes right into an engine state of "Air/Fuel Derate" from there. Truck continues to smoke, and have little to no power, until you key cycle and get the 2973 to go inactive. Being the truck never spooled too high before, I'm trying to find a way to help my friend out who is in the whole spending for a half-a** job. Will a fresh VGT calibration help? I seen some other posts where you can change the Turbo Threshold settings? Not sure how to do this in Insite of if I need a program such as Calterm. The trucks that operate okay map out and the turbo speed is 100k-110k maximum during any driving condition. I'd like to get these other ones to that area and get these damn things back on the road. Thanks in advance :s:s:idea:

TruckDoctor
replyreply
RE: Turbo Overspeed???!!!!!!
Before you can do anything at all, you'll need someone from here to look at the program that's in it. If it's bad programming you'll have to get that fixed first. Who did the demandate?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TruckDoctor
(03-29-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Before you can do anything at all, you'll need someone from here to look at the program that's in it. If it's bad programming you'll have to get that fixed first. Who did the demandate?

Local guy up my way in Mass. He's tried a few different "files" that are claimed to be good because they've been used on other CM2250's, but I'm aware just cause the CPL Code matches and File worked doesn't always mean you're going to have a perfect match. I think that's what we're dealing with. Two trucks seemed to be okay and the others no. What's needed on here to view the program? TeamViewer situation? Data Log of issue?
replyreply
You could have Unilever look at it remotely (teamviewer) he's usually really busy and it can take some time for him to get to it, but send him a PM. Do you have C@lterm?

replyreply
(03-29-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  You could have Unilever look at it remotely (teamviewer) he's usually really busy and it can take some time for him to get to it, but send him a PM. Do you have C@lterm?

I have a fleet unlocked new ins!te, but I don't believe I have c@lterm on my laptop. Have to double check. If not known a safe good version on here or someone who has availability to it. I see them all over but not sure what can be trusted. Is Unilever his username?
replyreply
Yes Unilever is his username. Rawze doesn't allow software trading on here so you'll have to go elsewhere for c@lterm. You'll need it to pull the program if Unilever can't help you out. Also try mommaburt, he works with uni

replyreply
(03-29-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Yes Unilever is his username. Rawze doesn't allow software trading on here so you'll have to go elsewhere for c@lterm. You'll need it to pull the program if Unilever can't help you out. Also try mommaburt, he works with uni

Sure thing. I had read that in the rules. Didn't mean too post that out of desperation lol. I'll reach out to them and also maybe someone else will comment. Thanks for your time.
replyreply
(03-29-2019 )TruckDoctor Wrote:  [quote='tree98' pid='36880' dateline='1553859230']
Yes Unilever is his username. Rawze doesn't allow software trading on here so you'll have to go elsewhere for c@lterm. You'll need it to pull the program if Unilever can't help you out. Also try mommaburt, he works with uni

Trying to send messages to both of them. Coming up with an error saying both those user names are invalid?
replyreply
(03-29-2019 )TruckDoctor Wrote:  
(03-29-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Before you can do anything at all, you'll need someone from here to look at the program that's in it. If it's bad programming you'll have to get that fixed first. Who did the demandate?

Local guy up my way in Mass. He's tried a few different "files" that are claimed to be good because they've been used on other CM2250's, but I'm aware just cause the CPL Code matches and File worked doesn't always mean you're going to have a perfect match. I think that's what we're dealing with. Two trucks seemed to be okay and the others no. What's needed on here to view the program? TeamViewer situation? Data Log of issue?

classic "bad delete" symptoms... You can bet your horses that most likely ALL those trucks have bad programs in them, and not a single one of them are going to make it very far without tearing themselves apart / fretting the liners out of them in short order. - Bad programming is a disease in the trucking industry, always has been.

I can look at the program if you pull a copy of it it from the truck and e-mail it to me. Like you mentioned, you need CT for taking a copy of the program out of the engine. Insite will not do such things. - CT can be had easily enough if a person just looks for it.

I PM'd you my number.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.