Can't win with new injectors in ISC
03-30-2019, (Subject: Can't win with new injectors in ISC ) 
Can't win with new injectors in ISC
So far this year, determined two injectors were bad, replaced those, replaced DPF and did the egr tuneup a second time since owning this truck. These changes helped for about two months, and put me back to about 10 hours between regens. Seemed like things were moving in the right direction, but this week I'm down to about 3-5 hours between regens, right about where I was before the 2 new injectors and new DPF....This is my second year in business with this truck. I do not have much more wiggle room with the bank and investors in keeping things paid up. I suppose I need to look at the de-mandate route. Where do I start? Thanks in advance for help, I'm needing all I can get at this point, before the season gets too busy.
replyreply
03-31-2019, (Subject: Can't win with new injectors in ISC ) 
RE: Can't win with new injectors in ISC
Which ISC motor do you have? Year of truck? And where are you located?
replyreply
Can an injector leak test new done on this motor?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(03-30-2019 )hookliftpete Wrote:  So far this year, determined two injectors were bad, replaced those, replaced DPF and did the egr tuneup a second time since owning this truck. These changes helped for about two months, and put me back to about 10 hours between regens. Seemed like things were moving in the right direction, but this week I'm down to about 3-5 hours between regens, right about where I was before the 2 new injectors and new DPF....This is my second year in business with this truck. I do not have much more wiggle room with the bank and investors in keeping things paid up. I suppose I need to look at the de-mandate route. Where do I start? Thanks in advance for help, I'm needing all I can get at this point, before the season gets too busy.

Do you have any way of monitoring the regen to make sure you're reaching the right temperature? Sounds like a bad doser or a clogged DOC.

Good Luck!
replyreply
(03-31-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Which ISC motor do you have? Year of truck? And where are you located?

It's a 2008 ISC cm2150 on a Pete 335. I'm in the Harrisburg, Pa area.
replyreply
(03-31-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Can an injector leak test new done on this motor?

I believe so, not sure the procedure on that. The bad injectors were isolated by the cylinder cut out test, under which they barely kept the engine from stalling. I also found a 1/2 to 1mpg increase after replacing the two failed injectors. I still have the mpg increase, despite the very frequent regens.

I have it in mind to replace the other 4 injectors, but that's months away at this point, until I can get through the spring and summer busy season.
replyreply
(03-31-2019 )fargonaz Wrote:  
(03-30-2019 )hookliftpete Wrote:  So far this year, determined two injectors were bad, replaced those, replaced DPF and did the egr tuneup a second time since owning this truck. These changes helped for about two months, and put me back to about 10 hours between regens. Seemed like things were moving in the right direction, but this week I'm down to about 3-5 hours between regens, right about where I was before the 2 new injectors and new DPF....This is my second year in business with this truck. I do not have much more wiggle room with the bank and investors in keeping things paid up. I suppose I need to look at the de-mandate route. Where do I start? Thanks in advance for help, I'm needing all I can get at this point, before the season gets too busy.

Do you have any way of monitoring the regen to make sure you're reaching the right temperature? Sounds like a bad doser or a clogged DOC.

Good Luck!

This engine does not have a doser, it injects fuel on the exhaust stroke. I ran a parked regen last week after it first began the very frequent regens and watched temps on the doc and filter, all were similar to the regen temps before replacing the injectors and dpf (900-1100 deg). Also, the doc is about 1 year old.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Also, since replacing the dpf, the regen times have been shorter, which makes sense, anywhere from 10 min to 30 min. The very short times made me think that the ecm needed an update to permit the newer dpf design to burn correctly, but insite tells me that there are no newer updates, since sometime in 2014.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
04-01-2019, (Subject: Can't win with new injectors in ISC ) 
Is it possible one or more of the other 4 injectors has failed in just s matter of a couple of months? Regardless, can anyone point me toward a good place for a demandate? Thanks!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.