Transmission yoke
04-01-2019, (Subject: Transmission yoke ) 
Transmission yoke
Eaton manual trans, output yoke has play. (Can move it up and down when you push up on it)

Tightened plenty of differential yoke nuts with no problems and fixes play issue.

Just want to make sure there is no problems on the trans side from tightening it up a bit.
Thoughts or similar situations. Thanks
replyreply
RE: Transmission yoke
(04-01-2019 )RyanC Wrote:  Eaton manual trans, output yoke has play. (Can move it up and down when you push up on it)

Tightened plenty of differential yoke nuts with no problems and fixes play issue.

Just want to make sure there is no problems on the trans side from tightening it up a bit.
Roadranger.con is your friend. They have manuals.
replyreply
(04-01-2019 )RyanC Wrote:  Eaton manual trans, output yoke has play. (Can move it up and down when you push up on it)

There is a $12 crush washer that needs to be replaced if the yoke has been removed. FleetPride sells them. It is a one time use item, if you removed that yoke, you need that washer. No new washer, you get play.
replyreply
I never removed it. Changed the oil and when I was checking it over for the guy before I greased I could move it.
replyreply
(04-01-2019 )RyanC Wrote:  I never removed it. Changed the oil and when I was checking it over for the guy before I greased I could move it.

It will have a little bit of play, around, trying to remember, an 1/8 of an inch or so, not much more. If there is more play than that, pull the yoke and replace that crush washer and that should fix the play. Some play is normal and nothing to worry about.
replyreply
04-08-2019, (Subject: Transmission yoke ) 
depends how bad the play is. rattle the nut up as tight as it will go - if the play is still there it probably needs bearing and races on the rear box. The bearing races walk out of the bore and the rear yoke gets loose. Green loctite on the races tends to help this immensely when being reassembled.

Its more common on a 189b than a 169b due to different output yoke bearing race retention.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
04-08-2019, (Subject: Transmission yoke ) 
Tightened maybe 1/4 turn and a new u joint and now it barely moves.

Thanks for the input.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.