Turbo issue??
04-02-2019, (Subject: Turbo issue?? ) 
Turbo issue??
Hello and TIA. 2010 cm871 500hp
So I finally have been able to run this new truck for a couple days had to replace some lines and damper that was a fun project. Anyway ran fine yesterday with no issue water temp seemed a little high to me ran at 200 a lot but could be cab gauge. Oil temp was 210-230 only 230 when I was pulling steep grade temp also rose to 220-225. That was only concern I saw.

Today it ran fine till this last load. Now it’s windy here and finally getting warm 56. Truck temps were running fine in the morning but this load it seemed like water was staying consistently at 210 fan was on and off a lot however I was going into the wind too.

My boost never goes over 39psi when at full lull and runs low maybe 15-20 at normal pull.
Was driving and saw engine light come on and felt truck lose some power not a lot but noticeable. Saw boost was at zero. Sounded like turbo was still working too but the inhit throttle it wasn’t. At this time two things I noticed was that cruise didn’t work little center said reals brake for cruise. I was driving so brakes weren’t set. The other thing was the jakes didn’t work.

And I’m waiting on my insight so I can’t hook it up so I’m at mercy of dealership
Unless the gods here can help.
Turbo was a reman to saw it was made in Mexico in 2016

User's Signature: 2010 kenworth t800 isx500hp cm871 13spd 3.55ratio
replyreply
RE: Turbo issue??
Also I shi#t truck off for 15 min and fires it back up no problems since taking it easy back to home

replyreply
Truck was deleted not sure if it’s bad programming signs haven’t been able to pull file to send rawze. I did check all the plugs and wire on turbo they looked fine

replyreply
(04-02-2019 )Scoot5869 Wrote:  Truck was deleted not sure if it’s bad programming signs haven’t been able to pull file to send rawze. I did check all the plugs and wire on turbo they looked fine

You just revealed your problem {Another Bad Delete}

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
bad delete or not, the thermostat sounds like it may be getting sticky on it?. Maybe replace it if it is more than a couple years old.

Also clean out radiator, CAC and condenser in the front of truck + make sure you have good intake air filter and not clogged.

Trucks need TLC and good programming to be happy.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Intake filter is new. when I had fan out I pressure washed backside of radiator and going to blow it out again shortly.
Shop told me to check exhaust gas pressure sensor and that something inside the turbo could be starting stick. A rod or something I don’t remember now.

replyreply
maybe this helps...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-03-2019, (Subject: Turbo issue?? ) 
Thanks for the info! Sure would be nice to have my insite right about now!
Had a short light load to do this morning and sure enough it waited till I was about there to start acting up again. This time the engine light come on and off several times before boost gauge went to zero.
Looks like I’ll have to go to dealer and see what their computer says.

replyreply
04-03-2019, (Subject: Turbo issue?? ) 
A VSS issue perhaps? A loss of speed signal will limit the engine to whatever is set in the ECM (usually 1500rpm or less) and the engine brakes/cruise won't work.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.