Thrust bearings
04-09-2019, (Subject: Thrust bearings ) 
Thrust bearings
So. My truck has been down 2 1/2 months now. Got the go ahead for shop to order parts for the engine. However the thrust bearings are on back order with no eta and it’s been a month now. All other stuff is in except those. I’ve called local shops just to see if they had any in stock with no luck. I have seen aftermarket thrust bearings. Should that be a no no? It’s a Cummins 2250 and in case anyone deals with stuff like this part number is 3680202. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
replyreply
RE: Thrust bearings
Are you trying to order them separate or they cannot get the main bearing sets because of a thrust bearing shortage?
replyreply
That’s what I thought that they came together. However I’m unsure on that. I was told everything is already in except the thrust bearings cause Cummins doesn’t have them.
replyreply
Dealer? Local shop? Can you get a list of what they ordered, from an estimate maybe?
replyreply
Yeah. I have the estimate. It’s at a dealer. The company I bought truck from is paying for repairs and that’s where they wanted it done. I will speak to them again tomorrow anyways and will ask about that. I also want the old bearings back to help ease my mind a little to know that they did replace them. But who knows. Suppose to be main and rod bearings
replyreply
(04-09-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  So. My truck has been down 2 1/2 months now. Got the go ahead for shop to order parts for the engine. However the thrust bearings are on back order with no eta and it’s been a month now. All other stuff is in except those. I’ve called local shops just to see if they had any in stock with no luck. I have seen aftermarket thrust bearings. Should that be a no no? It’s a Cummins 2250 and in case anyone deals with stuff like this part number is 3680202. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

thrust bearings are part of a main bearing set...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
04-10-2019, (Subject: Thrust bearings ) 
Yup. Just called Cummins and low and behold they have the set sitting on shelf. So I called the dealer and asked them why they are trying to order thrust bearings by themselves when the mains have to be replaced. Wouldn’t you just order the complete set and not just thrust bearings. She said she’ll have to call me back after she talks to parts. Obviously I’m more suspicious now than I was the day I was told to take it to dealer. Ugh. Thanks guys. I’ll keep you posted I guess. About done with this whole freaking situation
replyreply
(04-10-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  Yup. Just called Cummins and low and behold they have the set sitting on shelf. So I called the dealer and asked them why they are trying to order thrust bearings by themselves when the mains have to be replaced. Wouldn’t you just order the complete set and not just thrust bearings. She said she’ll have to call me back after she talks to parts. Obviously I’m more suspicious now than I was the day I was told to take it to dealer. Ugh. Thanks guys. I’ll keep you posted I guess. About done with this whole freaking situation

Hopefully they install the correct parts, and install them properly. I don't know if you know my story, and I am not the only one here by any stretch. I had an in frame at the dealership, they installed all of the wrong parts, and when me and Rawze tore the motor apart, the bottom end looked like it was dry started. Those bearing were pretty ugly for what few miles were actually on them. The rest of the motor was not much better. The front cam gear was ready to cut loose too. The motor was a real mess. Good luck.
replyreply
(04-10-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-10-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  Yup. Just called Cummins and low and behold they have the set sitting on shelf. So I called the dealer and asked them why they are trying to order thrust bearings by themselves when the mains have to be replaced. Wouldn’t you just order the complete set and not just thrust bearings. She said she’ll have to call me back after she talks to parts. Obviously I’m more suspicious now than I was the day I was told to take it to dealer. Ugh. Thanks guys. I’ll keep you posted I guess. About done with this whole freaking situation

Hopefully they install the correct parts, and install them properly. I don't know if you know my story, and I am not the only one here by any stretch. I had an in frame at the dealership, they installed all of the wrong parts, and when me and Rawze tore the motor apart, the bottom end looked like it was dry started. Those bearing were pretty ugly for what few miles were actually on them. The rest of the motor was not much better. The front cam gear was ready to cut loose too. The motor was a real mess. Good luck.

Yeah. They ain’t started out good. And not getting any better for sure. Bunch of idiots.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.