Thrust bearings
04-10-2019, (Subject: Thrust bearings ) 
RE: Thrust bearings
(04-10-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  Yup. Just called Cummins and low and behold they have the set sitting on shelf. So I called the dealer and asked them why they are trying to order thrust bearings by themselves when the mains have to be replaced. Wouldn’t you just order the complete set and not just thrust bearings. She said she’ll have to call me back after she talks to parts. Obviously I’m more suspicious now than I was the day I was told to take it to dealer. Ugh. Thanks guys. I’ll keep you posted I guess. About done with this whole freaking situation

stealersh$it is the worst place anyone can take their truck these days,.. you get the big pink dildo..

sounds like someone is trying to screw you out of a ~$300 set of rod/main bearing set by up-charging you out the arsse for single parts form within the kit. - they are likely doing that for the rest of all their repairs too then.

Register your truck engine on quickserv.com and you will have all info for that engine the stealershi$it has + all procedures on how to fix it... Its free.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-11-2019, (Subject: Thrust bearings ) 
Thanks for the pink dildo. I’m sure my wife could get some use out of it. I really don’t care how much they charge because I’m not footing the bill. If I was it would likely be up already. Yes I know that’s the worst place however as I pointed out earlier this was where it had to go for the repairs to be covered so my hands was tied because I didn’t want to foot the bill. Not really sure I deserve that dildo now that I’m thinking about. But thanks anyways. Lol
replyreply
I believe the pink dildo may be quite fitting in the future. A shop that is willing to go to these retarded lengths to charge more by individually buying parts that come in a kit, take the time to hold up their own bays and room while your truck sits and not recovering revenue that has been used by starting the job but not having it completed... Well, I simply wouldn't think their skills in the heavy truck repair industry would be very good. I would be worried this over haul is also going to be half brained and half assed. NEVER forget, YOU own the truck, It's your lively hood, It's your paycheck and your life. STOP letting some half assed companies dictate how and where it gets done.

Speak to a lawyer then Rip that truck out of that shop with a tow truck. Take it somewhere much more reliable. Tell the company that you bought the truck from that your taking it else where and if they don't pay the reasonable side of the bill then you will simply sue them. I'm not a litigious person but I'll be damned someone else is gonna dictate my life and business for over 2 months.
replyreply
Let's set the pink dildo aside for a moment...

I would absolutely have a vested interest in the repair of that truck, regardless of who's footing the bill. If I had to guess this repair as with my rebuild was coming with a "tail light" warranty. I was there at least weekly and called every other day to check progress and repair direction. They are only going to do what someone is going to pay for, which is business and I completely understand. I won't take my complaints and issues up with the repair facility, I for SURE took them up with the one holding the purse strings. My rebuild was going to be 100% right when it left, as should yours.

These aren't the "engines of old". I don't believe in the 'inspect for reuse' when you're this far into the internals...

Can you maybe elaborate more on what got it into the shop in the first place and to what direction they have gone thus far?
replyreply
(04-11-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  Thanks for the pink dildo. I’m sure my wife could get some use out of it. I really don’t care how much they charge because I’m not footing the bill. If I was it would likely be up already. Yes I know that’s the worst place however as I pointed out earlier this was where it had to go for the repairs to be covered so my hands was tied because I didn’t want to foot the bill. Not really sure I deserve that dildo now that I’m thinking about. But thanks anyways. Lol

yeah,,. you are getting the pink dildo by them and your 'warranty', you just don't see it yet. - In a year or 2 you will be re-building it again because of the total sh%It job they are killing your livelihood by jerking you off for an extended period of time when you could have spent less fixing it yourself for less than the amount of revenue you have lost so far. - The attitude you portray there in your last post is exactly what is wrong with 85% + of all O/O's that do nothing but struggle and fail. Stay on that path and you are destined to be back here in a short time with other 'can't make this truck pay off' failures just like the one your dealing with now.

there are ways to be profitable in todays trucking industry,.. only its not going to be done by the methods you seem to be relying on there. Believe me when I say there have been a hundred or more individuals right where your at who learn this the hard way and now are trying to give you solid advice. the question now is ,.. will you listen to it,,. or argue it away because you refuse to take matters into your own hands.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-12-2019, (Subject: Thrust bearings ) 
There wasn’t an attitude in the last post. Sorry you felt there was however I’m use to ppl thinking that.
replyreply
(04-11-2019 )Moose Wrote:  Let's set the pink dildo aside for a moment...

I would absolutely have a vested interest in the repair of that truck, regardless of who's footing the bill. If I had to guess this repair as with my rebuild was coming with a "tail light" warranty. I was there at least weekly and called every other day to check progress and repair direction. They are only going to do what someone is going to pay for, which is business and I completely understand. I won't take my complaints and issues up with the repair facility, I for SURE took them up with the one holding the purse strings. My rebuild was going to be 100% right when it left, as should yours.

These aren't the "engines of old". I don't believe in the 'inspect for reuse' when you're this far into the internals...

Can you maybe elaborate more on what got it into the shop in the first place and to what direction they have gone thus far?

Fuel pressure 559. Pump had been updated not to long ago. Surely well within what Rawze suggested it be gone through. So I figured I had time before I had to open it up. It was very minimal flaking but enough to set the code. Nothing broke inside sending chunks. I seen all the parts. They are in floor board of my truck. New fuel pump. Oil cooler. Main rod set 4 engine flushes. Is what’s being done. Thankfully I have a backup truck. This is the truck that was suppose to be replaced with the new one so I am still able to run. Thanks again to Rawze for the link to the guy with updated pump failure. That was the reason I didn’t drive it with that code. I can only imagine the damage I would have done driving it in that shape. I took your advise. Anyways. Once I get it back I will end up flushing it more. Just so I know.
replyreply
(04-12-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  There wasn’t an attitude in the last post. Sorry you felt there was however I’m use to ppl thinking that.

my reply has nothing to do with attitude... it has to do whit this...

(04-12-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  So. My truck has been down 2 1/2 months now...

If someone told me it was going to be more than a few days,.. nonetheless 2 months,.. I would have yanked that truck away from them and fixed the s#it myself! - I am not willing to loose upwards of $45,000 in gross revenue ($2.25/mile 70/week + 6 weeks ) because someone can't get the job done that only takes a day or so to do (flush + rod/main bearings) done in a timely fashion,.. ESPECIALLY TRYING TO RELY ON SOME STINKING WARRANTY -- FREE REPAIR ---- THAT DON;T SOUND LIKE FREE TO ME -- THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD PUT MOST PEOPLE OUT OF BUSINESS!, especially if they are having to make truck payments and everything else.

To sit around and let them do this to you,.. AND apparently bilk the job with BS 'cant get the part' excuses that are untrue + tryign to rip off the warranty company is EXACTLY that slimy dirty pink dildo!.

replyreply
(04-12-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-12-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  There wasn’t an attitude in the last post. Sorry you felt there was however I’m use to ppl thinking that.

my reply has nothing to do with attitude... it has to do whit this...

(04-12-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  So. My truck has been down 2 1/2 months now...

If someone told me it was going to be more than a few days,.. nonetheless 2 months,.. I would have yanked that truck away from them and fixed the s#it myself! - I am not willing to loose upwards of $45,000 in gross revenue ($2.25/mile 70/week + 6 weeks ) because someone can't get the job done that only takes a day or so to do (flush + rod/main bearings) done in a timely fashion,.. ESPECIALLY TRYING TO RELY ON SOME STINKING WARRANTY -- FREE REPAIR ---- THAT DON;T SOUND LIKE FREE TO ME -- THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD PUT MOST PEOPLE OUT OF BUSINESS!, especially if they are having to make truck payments and everything else.

To sit around and let them do this to you,.. AND apparently bilk the job with BS 'cant get the part' excuses that are untrue + tryign to rip off the warranty company is EXACTLY that slimy dirty pink dildo!.

Yeah. I get that. The majority of the time was waiting on authorization for the repairs. The warranty company actually denied it do to fuel pump being the problem. That’s when I contacted the company I bought it from to see if they would step up. They finally accepted it and did what was right. As I said. I understand and if they wouldn’t have covered it then I’d be on different path. If I didn’t have a 2nd truck that is paid for then I would have been on a different path. But since I did have the 2nd truck I was able to run it. Makes no difference in revenue because the 2nd truck would have been parked anyways. Yes. Very irritating and I was extremely frustrated the entire process. It is very sh$tty the way they did the parts crap and they have heard from me everyday about it and everything through the whole process. It will not happen again. Thanks again to everyone for responses. Very appreciative
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.