Milky in oil fill tube
04-12-2019, (Subject: Milky in oil fill tube ) 
RE: Milky in oil fill tube
(04-11-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Is this truck powered by a cat or Cummins

It’s a Cummins. I went to a Cummins shop and they kinda him-hawed around and looked at me funny when I asked them about a cylinder leak down test. So I called a friend that’s a service rep for all of the southeast and he recommended I take it to Ringpower. They service and work on all motors and have technicians for each motor. So I’m awaiting the results and will go from there with whatever I need to have repaired.

Oil sample from 1,000 miles ago showed no signs of glycol. Yesterday they pulled two different samples one from the dip stick and one from the bottom of the pan results should be here today and they will do a leak down test even if it’s negative. I told them yesterday to go ahead and perform test for piece of mind. If it’s negative then I got a really expansive oil change but I’ll know for sure that I’m good for a while. I’m about to retire from the fire dept in Jacksonville Florida and need that piece of mind that my new to me investment is good to go.

Thanks Shawn
replyreply
04-19-2019, (Subject: Milky in oil fill tube ) 
RE: Milky in oil fill tube
Both oil samples came back negative for glycol So that’s a huge relief. I’m going to monitor thing extremely close and I’d get changes I’ll do a cylinder leak down test.

Thanks for all the help fellas.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.