Milky in oil fill tube
04-09-2019, (Subject: Milky in oil fill tube ) 
Milky in oil fill tube
Fellas I bought this truck in Feb and I’ve replaced the three piston fuel pump to a two piston and did the egr tune up replaced what I needed to and cleaned the cleanable ones with carb and choke cleaner. I live in Florida and truck has been sitting for about two weeks while I’m doing all this to it as preventative measures.

I went to the yard this morning to finish up the last little cosmetic details and I checked my dipstick (no water or bubbles). So I went to put in some staylube in the crankcase and when I took off the oil cap my heart sank. Yep milky and a few drops on the underside of the cap. I immediately check to see if I had oil in coolant (no oil in coolant). Ok good there. I changed crankcase filter and it was dirty and some water (nothing out of the norm) but did notice blow your from around the crankcase filter cover. Cleaned it put new filter in and put back together. So now I’m scratching my head wondering if it’s from condensation only, or the oil cooler, and lastly I hope it’s not the head gasket.

FYI oil temp is consistently 220.

Need help please thanks.
Shawn

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Milky in oil fill tube
2011 KW cummins ISX 15 CM 2250 thanks
replyreply
thats a little excessive to be just condensation, pressure it up and see if it holds.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: shawnkw
(04-09-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  thats a little excessive to be just condensation, pressure it up and see if it holds.

will do thanks itll be a few days before i can test it. I have to work at the fire station wednesday and thursday
replyreply
pressure it up with 20 psi to the coolant system with the oil pan off it and let it sit over night. - bar engine next day slowly and listen for gurgling around piston rings, and give good inspection for coolant seepage around liners etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-09-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  pressure it up with 20 psi to the coolant system with the oil pan off it and let it sit over night. - bar engine next day slowly and listen for gurgling around piston rings, and give good inspection for coolant seepage around liners etc.

I wish I had the facility to do that but unfortunately I’m not allowed to do that kinda work in the yard. I will pressure test it. Thanks fellas.
replyreply
Had the similar white milky residue around oil cap. Pressure tested coolant and found leak around two liners. Its not condensation. Coolant mixing with oil. You should get engine oil tested.
replyreply
Dang. He said he just bought the truck in February... looks like someone might have unloaded it for a reason. This really sucks.
replyreply
bought my truck in sept so far Injectors/Actuators/Air Compressor/Thermostat/Tensioner/Overheads/Exhaust Manifold Gaskets/1 Air Bag/new air/power lines to trailer/1 of 2 hanger bearings as far as i can remember off top of my head plus all the cooling lines/gaskets/orings/bolts associated with each part replacement. next is the head as soon as i build up my maint fund back up where i want it. so might as well have bought a 10,000 instead of 50,000 dollar truck and overhauled the cheapy. im sure with maint/varius repairs ill be damn close to a lower class brand new truck in the next 2 years but atleast ill have an engine that should last longer than 350-500k.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.