New Truck: Advice on purchase...
04-11-2019, (Subject: New Truck: Advice on purchase... ) 
RE: New Truck: Advice on purchase...
(04-11-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Since your not making money with this truck, do yourself a favor and find as nice of a 2006 or older as you can find. The emission problems are going to eat you alive on the newer trucks.

Why would the emissions give problems? are there lots of issues with these systems? I was under the understanding that excess idling and pulling to much weight was the leading causes of emissions failures, at least that is what Ford told me when my DPF failed on my truck, they said i must have been idling to much since my RV was well within the towable capacity.

This kinda makes sense, i know most of the trucks i saw and talked to the owners, they mentioned getting tuning done to increase MPG.... maybe they tuned out some of the emissions stuff since the trucks are not inspected like yalls?
replyreply
(04-11-2019 )Storx Wrote:  Why would the emissions give problems? are there lots of issues with these systems? I was under the understanding that excess idling and pulling to much weight was the leading causes of emissions failures, at least that is what Ford told me when my DPF failed on my truck, they said i must have been idling to much since my RV was well within the towable capacity.

This kinda makes sense, i know most of the trucks i saw and talked to the owners, they mentioned getting tuning done to increase MPG.... maybe they tuned out some of the emissions stuff since the trucks are not inspected like yalls?

No offense but this post makes it very appearant you are quite far in the dark with all this stuff.

You mention jumping through a bunch of loop-holes to run a class-8 truck without proper licensing (your comments on this have been removed by the forum protection system) ,.. I am against this, those trucks are dangerous and require proper training, proper driving habits, and skill... Avoiding those things for recreation = in my book is nothing but a dangerous road hazard.

You also seem to be on the wrong forum,.. this is not an RV forum by any means and all be told, I don't want it to become one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Emissions systems don’t do good idling. They got to make heat to do a regeneration. Sounds like you got some kind of lemon. Cummins is bad about making soot. Other manufacturers don’t seem to have that big a problem. We run Cummins because it’s the most conducive to work on yourself Ie. you can get computer like the dealer has to not be a slave to them to do your own work. As a rv’er if I wanted to run newer stuff I would by a Volvo with Volvo engine ask if it has had injector cups replaced because that a know issue. They aren’t quite the soot monsters Cummins is. Also Volvo trucks don’t hold there value as well as some other bands. There good trucks, comfortable. Pro star with there proprietary engine is dirt cheap. Don’t go there. A lot of guys went broke trying to run some of them. I’m not sure which one but just steer clear. A big ol isx for a rv won’t be happy long. Soot will be problems.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.