Clearing 3712/3714 derate
04-11-2019, (Subject: Clearing 3712/3714 derate ) 
Clearing 3712/3714 derate
I do a lot of Cummins emissions diagnosis and repair and have an issue on road calls I'm trying to get help with. Most times I get to a truck it's at 5 MPH at the truck stop down the road and I'd like to get them to the shop to fix for convenience. ISX is not a problem, I can clear the codes and after a minute of restarting, the derate clears and they can get to the shop. But the ISB and ISL wont clear the derate after clearing codes, only after fixing the root problem will the derate clear, then sometimes it wont clear unless I have a dealer come out and recalibrate the ECM. I cant calibrate because my Insite version is too old. I do have calterm but it does not any calibration or configuration files with it (nor am I interested in any since we are not in the custom tuning business and I'm aware of the file trading policy). My question is can I use Calterm without these files to clear derate codes and get back to the shop for repair?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DVT873
RE: Clearing 3712/3714 derate
nope, CT will do nothing whatsoever without the proper meta-files for a given make/model and program version of any given enigne.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
may be a better question to ask on zezauto.com

User's Signature: my wisdom is small. my heart is big. my love for trucking is somewhere in between.
replyreply
04-12-2019, (Subject: Clearing 3712/3714 derate ) 
just update your insite and recal then with current files. easy and will get you short distances.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.