Cm2250 front gear cover removal??
04-10-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 front gear cover removal?? ) 
Cm2250 front gear cover removal??
How hard is this to tackle? The infamous front gear cover gasket is leaking oil from both sides of engine and want to know how hard is it to tackle this task? I've done valve adjustment, fuel pump swap, air compressor swap and injectors myself but iffy about front gear train. I have the insert pin for crankshaft and looking to buy wedge kit along with gear puller but kinda scared because the cm2250 I believe has the gear with the springs that you have to back out and tighten back and have to measure the lash between gears. I think 10 thousands play. Do I have to remove radiator and intercooler for this job? Any tips? Thanks guys.
replyreply
RE: Cm2250 front gear cover removal??
Remove front of truck.
replyreply
Its a job for sure. Watch Rawze engine rebuild video's it'll give you perspective and hopefully confidence to get in there and get at it. Also be absolutely sure it's the gear case. I've seen many misdiagnosed front gear covers and cases being valve covers or sensors leaking and running up to the gear case. Even head gaskets after big $$ was spent on labor intensive gear case just to pull it all back apart to do a head gasket.

Clean and dry everything real good with brake clean and run it and watch. Multiple times to be sure. Get mirrors if the oil is coming from hard to see places.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
Good thinking. I'll do this before guessing.
replyreply
04-11-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 front gear cover removal?? ) 
If you are going to attempt this yourself, NO NOT try it without having quickserve handy. There are specific steps that must be taken to properly remove and replace this setup without having something coming through the front or side of the gear housing within 5000 miles. And the answer to your questions about the radiator and CAC is both yes and no. If you want to save time and a tore up back, spend the hour or two to get it all out of the way. You'll thank me later. It can be done without removing it all but it's a major pain to work around it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.