Signature 600 chuffing
04-18-2019, (Subject: Signature 600 chuffing ) 
RE: Signature 600 chuffing
(04-18-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-18-2019 )Creek Wrote:  More like the popping sound. Steady rhythmic changes with rpm.

time ti pull the enigne cover and check valve adjustment. Also maybe boroscope it and see if there is a cracked intake valve.

read through this post carefully and follow its links for more info on this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid14811

I wasn’t able to follow that link. Says I don’t have permission.
replyreply
(04-18-2019 )Creek Wrote:  
(04-18-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-18-2019 )Creek Wrote:  More like the popping sound. Steady rhythmic changes with rpm.

time ti pull the enigne cover and check valve adjustment. Also maybe boroscope it and see if there is a cracked intake valve.

read through this post carefully and follow its links for more info on this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid14811

I wasn’t able to follow that link. Says I don’t have permission.

should now work for u

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks got it now.
replyreply
07-21-2019, (Subject: Signature 600 chuffing ) 
Just following up. As I said took it to Volvo dealer (mistake I know) they found no problems. Drove it 10k miles. No change so took it to Kenworth dealer here close by. They checked overhead again and found some valves that needed minor adjustments. Nothing major. They said they did a cylinder imbalance test. It passed. An injector cut out test. It passed with one injector being weak and borderline failure. They said drive it. And yes I could still hear the miss. So I drove it another 6-7k. Then I took it to a guy in High Point NC that has great reviews. He said it sounded like injector knock. But it is hard to determine which injector, but from what I read on here it can be done. Anyway, the ReCon engine has 450k and to replace all six injectors is about 4500 according to the shop in High Point. What does injector knock sound like?
Do I replace all 6? Go to different shop? Invest in Insite? Go to Cummins dealer? I’m 66 and maybe need a rebuild myself. :sleepy:
replyreply
07-22-2019, (Subject: Signature 600 chuffing ) 
Doing a injector leak test, should reveal the bad injector

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
If the "guy" can't do an injector leak test then he's not so great of a mechanic.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
That thought had occurred to me also. But maybe he just doesn’t want to delve into it. Like Mr. Haggai didn’t care to work on it either. Just not sure what to do. Thanks
replyreply
pull the boot between the CAC and the intake manifold and crank it up... see if you can hear a distinctive "pop" "pop" "pop" in the intake,.. maybe you have a valve not seating properly?

also run engine on one cylinder at a time after doing...

* An overhead valve adjustment. While your in there, make sure you don't have any sticky engine brake pistons or some other dumb thing.

* followed by an injector leak test. https://youtu.be/Wu_WN8BA-LA

* followed by running the engine on one cylinder at a time to ensure they are all firing the same strength. https://youtu.be/FggtTj645DQ

it is not rocket science,,.. if it passes all that with flying colors then it is not likely anything mechanical inside the engine itself.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Creek
07-23-2019, (Subject: Signature 600 chuffing ) 
Thank you. I will give it a go.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.