Tripac apu
04-17-2019, (Subject: Tripac apu ) 
Tripac apu
Tripac 2007 model. Lost all grounds as far as I can tell. Started in fall fuel shutoff lost ground then in January case fan lost ground now fuel pump lost ground. And alternator works when it wants. I fixed a broken connection on alternator was short wire to a bolt on alternator and it worked for 5 days putting out 14 volts now back to 0 output.

Where do I even begin? Case has ground and engine is grounded but no wiring ground. All fuses are good all supply powers turn on and off as they should. Idk if all the items run off CH ground or not.
replyreply
RE: Tripac apu
Theres is a large white wire to the back side of the alternator. That is the only place the engine gets its ground from.
replyreply
Nm on alternator just opened bottom of case found alternator sitting there both the tension heim joint and long bolt broke.
replyreply
I have fuel shutoff grounded to engine and it still starts and runs with alt laying in bottom
replyreply
04-20-2019, (Subject: Tripac apu ) 
Found why no grounds ugh another thing to fix today along with all 3/4in hose and Ts on truck with brass/silicone hose.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
04-24-2019, (Subject: Tripac apu ) 
I have to get mine checked as well. Warning light came on.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.