Check eng light
05-16-2019, (Subject: Check eng light ) 
RE: Check eng light
(05-14-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  You have to put DEF in the truck correct? Or has it been deleted? The DEF is fed through the SCR system, there is a filter under there somewhere near the DEF tank, that needs to be serviced now and then, I would think at least once or twice a year. If not serviced strange codes pop up and can lead to further SCR system damage if I recall correctly. I have an older truck, no SCR system, just going by what I have read here and heard at Mr Hagg's shop and Rawze's house.

If you have a delete, I am assuming you do not, and are getting this SCR code, I would say you have other, possibly more serious issues going on, and need to have the programming inspected.

I wish I could be of more help, hopefully one of the guys with SCR experience will chime in.

No delete , Cali truck
Yes on DEF
It's a 2014 Pete with a 2350 model isx
I changed the filter on DEF tank , DEF injection valve it was slightly leaking at gasket , changed delta P sensor , dozer injection valve , IMAP sensor , NH3 sensor , probe & module & NOX sensor

This problem has been going on before any of these thing s have been changed
Just not consistent

I have unplugged & applied di electric grease to the plugs on the DPF scr sensors

Thinking about ground issue maybe

Thanks for responding & thoughts
replyreply
05-16-2019, (Subject: Check eng light ) 
(05-16-2019 )DSTdriver Wrote:  
(05-14-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  You have to put DEF in the truck correct? Or has it been deleted? The DEF is fed through the SCR system, there is a filter under there somewhere near the DEF tank, that needs to be serviced now and then, I would think at least once or twice a year. If not serviced strange codes pop up and can lead to further SCR system damage if I recall correctly. I have an older truck, no SCR system, just going by what I have read here and heard at Mr Hagg's shop and Rawze's house.

If you have a delete, I am assuming you do not, and are getting this SCR code, I would say you have other, possibly more serious issues going on, and need to have the programming inspected.

I wish I could be of more help, hopefully one of the guys with SCR experience will chime in.

No delete , Cali truck
Yes on DEF
It's a 2014 Pete with a 2350 model isx
I changed the filter on DEF tank , DEF injection valve it was slightly leaking at gasket , changed delta P sensor , dozer injection valve , IMAP sensor , NH3 sensor , probe & module & NOX sensor

This problem has been going on before any of these thing s have been changed
Just not consistent

I have unplugged & applied di electric grease to the plugs on the DPF scr sensors

Thinking about ground issue maybe

Thanks for responding & thoughts

sounds like a grounding or other wiring harness issue. Code is likely related to it not communicating properly on the J1939 engine side. Maybe check insite to see if your getting turbo or other component communications errors too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver
05-18-2019, (Subject: Check eng light ) 
(05-16-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  sounds like a grounding or other wiring harness issue. Code is likely related to it not communicating properly on the J1939 engine side. Maybe check insite to see if your getting turbo or other component communications errors too.

Thanks for the input rawze
This issue hasn't shut me down but trying get it straightened out so it doesn't get to that

I'll try some checking over the weekend
replyreply
05-18-2019, (Subject: Check eng light ) 
(05-16-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  sounds like a grounding or other wiring harness issue. Code is likely related to it not communicating properly on the J1939 engine side. Maybe check insite to see if your getting turbo or other component communications errors too.

Thanks for the input rawze
This issue hasn't shut me down but trying get it straightened out so it doesn't get to that

I'll try some checking over the weekend
replyreply
05-21-2019, (Subject: Check eng light ) 
Ran truck four days no check eng code then today it's back
Stopped by shop had it plugged into insite
Comes up insufficient voltage wouldn't log in
Guessing it's a short in a sensor or wiring

The saga is still going

The saying is I LOVE TRUCKS
replyreply
05-23-2019, (Subject: Check eng light ) 
Ran truck four days no check eng code then today it's back
Stopped by shop had it plugged into insite
Comes up insufficient voltage wouldn't log in
Guessing it's a short in a sensor or wiring

The saga is still going

The saying is I LOVE TRUCKS
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.