C15 6nz Valve Recession? Valve Adjustment
05-04-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Valve Recession? Valve Adjustment ) 
C15 6nz Valve Recession? Valve Adjustment
Guys,

Cylinder 1 & 3 no more adjustment left on the valves, is there anything we can do to get adjustment back without changing the head?

Thanks
replyreply
05-05-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Valve Recession? Valve Adjustment ) 
RE: C15 6nz Valve Recession? Valve Adjustment
(05-04-2019 )multitask Wrote:  Guys,

Cylinder 1 & 3 no more adjustment left on the valves, is there anything we can do to get adjustment back without changing the head?

Thanks

Pull the injector(s) and look to see how much contact area there is on the valves. As valves recess in most engines, there is usually less and less contact area at the valves bottom edges too. -- And when it gets too little,.. the valve snaps off and takes out the cylinder and/or turbo and other components with it.

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid18718

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: multitask , Techmech
05-23-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Valve Recession? Valve Adjustment ) 
Rawze check out Cylinder 1 valve bridge:

We end up putting a thinner valve bridge in Cat Part# 363-3731 gave us our 0.015 adjustment. Started her up, rev’d up to 2100rpm held it few seconds no popping or smoke. Runs like a dream again, gave her a new lease of life so let’s see how she goes.
replyreply
(05-23-2019 )multitask Wrote:  ...
gave us our 0.015 adjustment. Started her up, rev’d up to 2100rpm held it few seconds

did you boroscope it and check for excess valve recess? http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid18718

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: multitask
What a darn good idea, better get onto that! I’ve always wanted to buy one. Thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.