C15 6nz Coolant in fuel separator
04-18-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Coolant in fuel separator ) 
C15 6nz Coolant in fuel separator
      Guys have a Freightliner century with a C15 6nz, today my brother and I were doing a service and found the fuel filter and separator full of coolant! What can it be and where should I start?

I think she may have a fuel cooler behind the left side tank will chase the lines tomorrow. Had a mate say could be injector cups/orings?

Anyone have any idea? Spewing we’ve had this truck for years and has never missed a beat.

Thanks
replyreply
04-18-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Coolant in fuel separator ) 
RE: C15 6nz Coolant in fuel separator
I had a 3406 e in a 98 t600 that had injector cups leak 2 different times and both times it was pushing diesel out of raditor overflow tube onto ground.I was told the first time that when the motor is running there is more pressure in i guess the fuel system so fuel is pushed into raditor and when you shut truck off the raditor still has pressure so you then can get coolant into your fuel.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: multitask , DSTdriver
05-10-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Coolant in fuel separator ) 
      Thought I’ll post some pics of the injector cups:
You can see one of the orings perished and also had to change all the injector seals too, few of them were gone.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Make sure you have proper grounding wires on your radiator. I worked for a fleet that we sent sent over 100 of them to have Injector cups put in those engines do to pitting from electrolysis between the coolant and the cup. Guys were not putting the ground wires from the radiator framing to the frame back on after a radiator replacement.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: multitask , Techmech , Rawze
(04-18-2019 )multitask Wrote:  Guys have a Freightliner century with a C15 6nz, today my brother and I were doing a service and found the fuel filter and separator full of coolant! What can it be and where should I start?

I think she may have a fuel cooler behind the left side tank will chase the lines tomorrow. Had a mate say could be injector cups/orings?

Anyone have any idea? Spewing we’ve had this truck for years and has never missed a beat.

Thanks

I just had a friend call me and tell me he had coolant in his fuel he has a cummins 2350 with 325000 miles on the way to peterbuilt and I told him goodluck but he should take a look at this blog.
replyreply
Another thing to check does he have a davco filter clear bowl with filter inside" if he does is it heated? Check for cooling lines running to it. Could be a crack in davco allowing coolant into fuel. Also rusty water from bad truckstop fuel can look like orange coolant in fuel
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.