Paccar
04-19-2019, (Subject: Paccar ) 
RE: Paccar
I am just over 200k on an epa17 mx13 485/1850. Myself along with a few friends of mine have had pretty good luck running these engines in dump trucks. They seem to pull great 80k legal fuel mileage is very good for dump trucks but the main issue is any check engine light it has to be taken to the dealership because no one has the software to clear the codes. That alone is very scary for any of us owner operators and when you add-in the fact the dealerships do not carry Paccar engine parts in stock even though they claim they sell more Paccar engines then Cummins you can see why many guys are now trading in their equipment for x15 equipped trucks.

My conclusion is that the newer Paccar engines are solid power plants but the lack of support from dealerships and other parts suppliers makes them seem less and less a good business decision for anyone who is affected by downtime
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , Waterloo
04-20-2019, (Subject: Paccar ) 
The lack of end user software is indeed the achilles for the Paccar. I’m not going to fret too much about that until the warranty is up but after that I’ll have to get serious about something that won’t leave me at the mercy of dealership techs that “can’t get me in till next week”. I doubt anyone will come up with a work around for Davie4 but there are other venues like Texa or maybe Snap On if a guy just wants to clear codes or change trims. Nothing is going to be as easy as Cummins that’s for sure but there’ll always be a way if a guy is motivated.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
Ive been trying for some time to get a functioning copy of ESA for a while now without having to sell my soul to that other site. My current truck has some issues with a chassis node I'd like to correct one day and there is a '15 truck for sale near me with a blown MX13 at a good price. But, without the ability to connect it might as well be $5... I'm willing to try one out only if I can hook to it myself.
replyreply
(04-20-2019 )Moose Wrote:  Ive been trying for some time to get a functioning copy of ESA for a while now without having to sell my soul to that other site. My current truck has some issues with a chassis node I'd like to correct one day and there is a '15 truck for sale near me with a blown MX13 at a good price. But, without the ability to connect it might as well be $5... I'm willing to try one out only if I can hook to it myself.
I thought I read somewhere you could go to the dealership and buy a legit copy of ESA good for a year for about $800 and change that includes a Nexique adapter. If you don’t have the adapter that’s definitely the way to go. You’d pay that alone for a genuine Nexique.

replyreply
05-26-2019, (Subject: Paccar ) 
My 2016 455hp has been running great, I have a PACLink to view and clear inactive codes but haven't had any issues. I've been able to hit 8mpg a few times. The only time the engine makes racket is when the compressor is running, otherwise it pulls fairly cool.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
05-26-2019, (Subject: Paccar ) 
6 months in with my 455 mx and the best daily average mpg was 8.1 and my best tank to tank hand calculated mpg has been 7.7 No codes no hiccups and yes the compressor is noisy but I think that’s just because the engine is so darn quiet

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.