Battery draw when key is off
04-19-2019, (Subject: Battery draw when key is off ) 
Battery draw when key is off
I just bought an 11 prostar with the maxxfarce. When I turn the key off the work light and instrument cluster power back on by themselves. Has any one had this issue? It’s draining the batteries over night. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
replyreply
04-19-2019, (Subject: Battery draw when key is off ) 
RE: Battery draw when key is off
might just be ghosts ... cab controllers are known to do strange things when the fuses in fuse panel get tarnished.
try replacing all the 5-amp fuses...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

after that,.. SELL IT ASAP WHILE IT STILL RUNS!!! --- Prostar truck is ok but that maxffart is garbage ... Get out from under that failed experiment of an engine while you still can.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo
04-20-2019, (Subject: Battery draw when key is off ) 
Rawze, I can’t even begin to explain the garbage I’ve gone through with this truck, the finance company, and the dealer. I’m just hoping I can make enough money to pay it off and buy something pre 07. It only has 411k it ran like a top bringing it home from Syracuse. I do have to say it is one of the more comfortable trucks I’ve driven. Thankfully I have a full time job to pay my normal expenses and I only need the truck to pay for itself. The finance company did require a GPS tracker to be installed. I’m wondering if they jumped a hot wire hooking it up. I do appreciate the help and ideas!!!! I’m sure with this thing I’ll be begging for help again!!! Adam
replyreply
Had this problem, long ago. Turned out to be a starter grounding out internally.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
That makes a lot of sense hhow. When I manually turn off the work light everything shuts off for 30 seconds and then turns back on again. Other than this draining the battery it doesn’t effect anything and it turns off and stays off while the truck is running. I’m gonna check fuses today and start there. Any help you can send my way is hugely appreciated
replyreply
https://www.freeasestudyguides.com/elect...-test.html

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Awesome thank you! Page is bookmarked
replyreply
What we use is thermal imaging I have a snap_on one that I use to look around the truck and most of the time what is killing the battery will be hotter than things around it and you will see whats drawing current...
replyreply
Mr hagg another awesome idea, I changed out the 5 amp fuses and I’m doing a hard reset. I’ll let y’all know how it works out.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.