Its a Volvo Problem
04-21-2019, (Subject: Its a Volvo Problem ) 
RE: Its a Volvo Problem
(04-20-2019 )Magard Wrote:  This is a 2012 Volvo vnl630. With isx. My colors are different locations then yours but I don’t know if color coordination is the same. I would try it though. Not much to hurt in trying.

yeah i actually did it like yours and now when crimp the exhaust port line from the pass threw panel it passes air from the red trailer line or port from the tractor protection valve....

So i took of the foot valve from my dad's truck and put it on my truck since we have the same year model truck, it did nothing.... lol so far im down to the valve thats under the fifth wheel or i may have one or more brake chambers, maybe the pancake " gasket inside the brake chamber " went out....

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(04-21-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(04-20-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  This is the new updated tractor protection valve, is the plumbing right?
All ports on the valve are marked. Volvo parts salesman doesn't know really much about parts they sell. Updated valve could have different ports layout. Green is service, red is emergency supply. Brown is control back to push valve on the dash. Black is hand trailer brake (Johnson bar)
Yellow line what is leaking air is air exhaust line. When you pull out red button out air pssssssss is from this line.
looks like you messed with ports connections and dash valve wants to pop out.

Okay so i cant even release the brakes because i dont get any air built up in the air tanks, all of it's pissing out of that, thick yellow exhaust port line.

When i crimp that exhaust line on the pass through panel, it all back feeds to the tractor protection valve and its coming out the red trailer cable port....

i also tried compressing some air into the air tanks and still nothing lol.... still bleeding out the exhaust port....

by the way thats a very helpful graph! thanks man!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0qnv4Zq...ceTraining

I found this video last night, i wanna get one thing straight here. the only way this guy is able to figure out which valve it is on the truck by having air already in the air tanks?

replyreply
Did all this start when you changed the tractor protection valve. Or right before it. I’m wondering if you got a defective valve. Keep us in the loop when you figure it out for our future reference. Thanks.
replyreply
(04-21-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Did all this start when you changed the tractor protection valve. Or right before it. I’m wondering if you got a defective valve. Keep us in the loop when you figure it out for our future reference. Thanks.

okay so one day last week, i went to go do a quick run and when i hooked up to the trailer, the TRL brakes wouldnt release so. i went to go investigate, the tractor protection valve was leaking pretty loud. Took the truck back home and looked around and it was tractor protection valve so i replaced it. The next day, when i went to go try another run. the TRl lines were mixed up blue on the left and red on the right. had that fixed and then the next day, the truck ran fine. no air issues, at the end of the day and then when i was heading home, i stopped at the yard gate waiting for it clear so i can leave. i saw my air tanks were loosing pressure pretty quickly, so i ran home with the issue. by the time i got back, i had no more day light to work so i figured id look at it the next day. When i let the truck run that morning, i saw the tanks barely had any air in them after sitting for 30 minutes..... since then ive been on the this hunt for the fix. I'm just going to check 2marrow how much its going to cost for 6 new brake chambers.

replyreply
Probably not brake chambers. Maybe in your parking valve. If it’s bypassing air out of that vent. Sounds like that might be where I would start. Brake chambers leak out of themselves when they go bad. I’m trying to remember what symptoms I had once when I had to replace one of those park valves in the dash. Can’t remember if it was leaking but it quite working for some reason.
replyreply
Yeah i took out the parking valve out of my old mans truck and put it in mine, made no difference.

replyreply
04-22-2019, (Subject: Its a Volvo Problem ) 
I'm going out on a limb and gonna say the new valve is defective if the lines are all hooked up properly. The tractor protection valves only function is to stop air from going anywhere when the brake knobs in the truck are pulled. If you are passing air to the gladhands then it is not functioning correctly.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
04-22-2019, (Subject: Its a Volvo Problem ) 
From what i see in your picture the red line comes from the trailer brake release valve in the dash. Should only have air supplied to it with the red knob pressed in. The green line should be a supply from the foot valve, always pressurized. The grey line comes from the treadle valve on the dash and the orange line comes from the application port on the foot valve. If you were to remove all from that valve except the green line there should be no air escaping from those lines, with the engine running you will still be able to feel air escaping even without the tanks being at full pressure...if you unhook all those lines and the valve is still venting then its the valve.

Your colors may vary so look and see what lines come from the components of your truck...ie some truck use a orange line from the brake valve release on the truck
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.