Bendix purge valve ?
04-23-2019, (Subject: Bendix purge valve ? ) 
Bendix purge valve ?
Hi I drive a 2011 prostar cm-871 daycab . I was was droping a container at the port when It started that spitting air from bottom of the air dryer. It sounds like a rattle snake and it won't build up any air in the tanks but won't lose any either. It stops when I turn of the truck . I'm still there trying to fix this . Please any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply
04-23-2019, (Subject: Bendix purge valve ? ) 
RE: Bendix purge valve ?
if it has more than a few years on it and 600+k miles, I wouls suggest you replace the whole damn unit. the aluminum housing where the valve sits wears out too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Geared_Cortex
04-24-2019, (Subject: Bendix purge valve ? ) 
Possible governor, plastic check valve, or purge valve issue.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Geared_Cortex , Rawze
The truck has 400k but 14000 hours and it's up in Canada with all the salt in the winter . The valve cost 100$ and the unit about 400$. I bought the valve but my supposedly heavy duty pliers broke on me trying to remove the bad one . So I'm gonna return it and get the hole unit first thing in the morning. For 300$ more I guess it's worth not having to worry about that for awhile. Thanks guys

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply
Mine did that once. Drain all of your air tanks...including the dryer reservoir tank. Turns out mine was full of water and slurry because dryer wasnt working. I did as rawze said, and replaced my whole unit with a bendix unit to include the reservoir.

Do yourself a favor and change the drain valves on all your tanks too.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I replace the entire air dryer every fall. You can get an AD-9 remanufactured one from Fort Garry or even Freightliner for under $200 exchanged with your old one.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.