Help in buying my First Truck
04-26-2019, (Subject: Help in buying my First Truck ) 
Help in buying my First Truck
Please help. I’m in the process of buying my first truck. My options are a International Pro Star with a N13 motor or a Cummins ISX. I can only afford so much. I want to make the right decision on buying my first truck without any major problems. What should I look for before buying the truck at a used international dealer?
replyreply
RE: Help in buying my First Truck
If you buy an n13 might as well take all your money and bet on a donkey to win the Kentucky Derby
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Wiseman , Nostalgic , redbeard , Chamberpains , marek4792
(04-26-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  If you buy an n13 might as well take all your money and bet on a donkey to win the Kentucky Derby

LOLOLZ!...

Sad part is that is pretty much true.

There is a hell of a lot a person must consider before buying a truck. Start by reading my book (link at top of page).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze book helped me out a bunch, worth the read. It's also a lot to digest but! its true and honest.

I'd go for a cm870 or cm871, Id check the tune and check the overhead.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
Thanks for the tip guys. One step closer. I will choose the Cummins. Now as far as inspecting the truck on the lot, what should I look for briefly? Because they probably would not allow me to take the truck of the lot to go get a proper inspection.
Also,where can I find Rawze book?
replyreply
Rawze's book is on the home page of this site. Read at your leisure for the grand price of free.

Don't buy the truck if they won't let you look at it as long as you'd like. This is a huge sign that they are hiding something and want you to buy it before you find out what it is.

Crawl all over that thing. Take a flash light and look in every orifice that thing has. Take it for a LOOOONG test drive. Offer to pay for some fuel if they have a problem with how far you go. You want that truck to expose every leak, dry rotted seal, sensor fault, squeak, rattle and bang it has. Your paying for it, so know what problems it has up front. You'll surely find all of them after you put a load on and drag it any distance. If your not willing to tell some schister salesman to go screw while you do your thing, then your not ready in the least for the endless upkeep of owning a truck.

This business has ZERO room for ignoring problems. They all will come out and bite you. Take a day to go look at it. Then go home and get a good nights sleep. Wake up and take another look at it. Repeat this as many times as you need. There are plenty of trucks out there. If you get that bad feeling in anyway, walk away and find another.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
04-27-2019, (Subject: Help in buying my First Truck ) 
(04-26-2019 )Island Boy Truckn Wrote:  Thanks for the tip guys. One step closer. I will choose the Cummins. Now as far as inspecting the truck on the lot, what should I look for briefly? Because they probably would not allow me to take the truck of the lot to go get a proper inspection.

book: http://rawze.com/book

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-27-2019, (Subject: Help in buying my First Truck ) 
(04-26-2019 )Island Boy Truckn Wrote:  Thanks for the tip guys. One step closer. I will choose the Cummins. Now as far as inspecting the truck on the lot, what should I look for briefly? Because they probably would not allow me to take the truck of the lot to go get a proper inspection.

LOL! reminds me of this dealership called basking something in TN.

When i called them, i told them id like to take it to a local dealership n they said no. when i asked them if i could take a drive they said in the parking lot.... wtf am i supposed to do on a parking lot? do circles lol!...

the salesman laughed and said well you can bring a mechanic with you but cant take nothing of or apart lol!!! im like yeah....... no thank you. also the reviews were as you could imagine it.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
04-28-2019, (Subject: Help in buying my First Truck ) 
Food for thought. Thanks guys. I will test that Theory out tomorrow from that dealership
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.