Fan not turning on during regen
04-29-2019, (Subject: Fan not turning on during regen ) 
Fan not turning on during regen
I have a PROSTAR w/cm871. The fan is operating ok and normal when going down the road but when I try a forced regen, the fan won't come on when it gets hot and the Regen aborts. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I've done forced regens in the past and never had this problem. TIA
replyreply
RE: Fan not turning on during regen
what is getting hot? Coolant temp?

Maybe try pulling the connector plug for the A/C high pressure switch when you start the regen process to get you by until you can get if figured out. That should make the engine fan come on right away.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
Couldn't he unplug the fan solenoid or will that code abort a regen?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
(04-29-2019 )Nilao Wrote:  Couldn't he unplug the fan solenoid or will that code abort a regen?

Here is what went through my head when reading the post ...

the fan solenoid will cause an engine fault and likely cancel regen cycle. the A/C HP pressure sensor when unplugged will usually kick the fan on and only cause a fault in the cab controller - in theory it should not cause regen to fail because there is no actual engine fault.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo , Nilao

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.