Fuel cards
05-27-2016, (Subject: Fuel cards ) 
RE: Fuel cards
I use a business credit card that gets me 3% cash back on all fuel purchases up to $250,000 (which i'll never hit). I also have a comdata through the company i'm contracted too, but i do not use it because it offers no discounts and charges a transaction fee.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
05-29-2016, (Subject: Fuel cards ) 
(05-26-2016 )iRonin Wrote:  That what you described is completely different card with completely different discount program. Even though it has the same name "Fleet one" name on it. OOIDA and NASCT I would say - "competitors" and do not offer the same programs and discounts.
That card which the topic starter has asked about, works ONLY with TA/PETRO and few more UNBRANDED fuel stops with greater discounts on TA/PETRO $.20-$.50 per gallon roughly...
And that card DOES NOT work at Pilot/FI unless it franchise location and listed on in-nerwork list
Sorry. I didn't realize we were competing. I thought we were sharing information so that the OP could do some research and then opt for the card best suited for his needs.
replyreply
05-31-2016, (Subject: Fuel cards ) 
(05-29-2016 )DrivingZiggy Wrote:  
(05-26-2016 )iRonin Wrote:  
Sorry. I didn't realize we were competing. I thought we were sharing information so that the OP could do some research and then opt for the card best suited for his needs.

You did noting to sorry about.

Pd6cas2 wrote:
"I'm trying to get some feedback from you drivers on Fleet one fuel card.
I'm joining NASTC and they offer a very good discount program with Fleet One."

You replied:

"I have had this fuel card through OOIDA for quite a few years now. It was free. No class required..."

But, that, what you described was different!

I supposed, that you, most likely, was not aware about NASCT membership and/or their fuel program supported with FleetOne, and kindly explained the most important features of the NASCT program.

So, I wonder, where did you find the competition??

I myself, do not have this card and found its existence about 2 months ago, when my dispatch offered it to me along with great feedback from this fuel card user.

The terms below:
"A little bit about how membership works. A NASTC annual membership is $350/annually. This membership will grant you access to all 30 or so products, programs and discounts that we offer. There is a $50 one-time set-up fee for all new Fleet One accounts, there is no fee to convert a current Fleet One account over to our program.

The fees on our QPN fuel programs are as follows:

-There is a ZERO transaction fee for all in-network locations. There is a $2 out-of-network fee if your driver fuels outside of our 1300+ locations. I have also attached a list of locations.

-The cards will NOT work at Pilot/Flying J, unless they are franchise locations listed in our directory.

-Cash advances will be $0.50 when fuel is purchased and $1.75 without a fuel purchase.

-PlusChecks are $1.75 per $500 increment

-There is a $3.75/per card monthly maintenance fee on all ACTIVE fuel cards (those w/ a fuel purchase on the card within a month) that will be billed via Fleet One."

I accepted this offer and will try this fuel card as soon as I get it physically. And one more thing, my dispatch has 5 Owners, so we're gonna share that annual membership cost. $70 per year - I think its not bad deal.
replyreply
06-03-2016, (Subject: Fuel cards ) 
$350 a year? I pay $250. Is it because you have more than one truck?
replyreply
06-08-2016, (Subject: Fuel cards ) 
(06-03-2016 )micksrule Wrote:  $350 a year? I pay $250. Is it because you have more than one truck?

I Suppose that is the reason for bigger cost. Not me, but my dispatch with authority has few O/O. So we've agreed to divide that membership cost between all of us and have access to our accounts on a web. And no training was offered, I guess because of the same reason.
replyreply
06-12-2016, (Subject: Fuel cards ) 
I am a single truck leased to a carrier so my cost is $250 per year, $50 dollar setup fee for fuel card and $3.75 per month per card used. No classes required. They will send you two cards but if you only use one, you pay only for the one used. Discounts vary from state to state and TS to TS even if the same chain as in T/A-Petro. They seem to have the best discounts. The extremely high discounts seem to be in the N.E. The discounts can change daily and they will send emails letting you know if it's up or down. There is an app that you can download also so you can check prices along your route. It will show either the max discount or the price you will pay verses the cash discount on the pump. You will receive an email shortly after fueling showing the invoice with the discount applied. I have auto pay and picked Friday to pay. So all fueling up to Thursday midnight will be deducted on Friday. As of 1201 on Friday starts the new billing period. You chose what day you want to pay. You will receive a packet with all the info explaining all the other fees as in cash advances, checks and such. No transaction fees on fuel. Within 6 weeks, the use of the card paid for itself verses using my carrier card.
replyreply
06-13-2016, (Subject: Fuel cards ) 
(06-12-2016 )Kenworth2012 Wrote:  I am a single truck leased to a carrier so my cost is $250 per year, $50 dollar setup fee for fuel card and $3.75 per month per card used. No classes required. They will send you two cards but if you only use one, you pay only for the one used. Discounts vary from state to state and TS to TS even if the same chain as in T/A-Petro. They seem to have the best discounts. The extremely high discounts seem to be in the N.E. The discounts can change daily and they will send emails letting you know if it's up or down. There is an app that you can download also so you can check prices along your route. It will show either the max discount or the price you will pay verses the cash discount on the pump. You will receive an email shortly after fueling showing the invoice with the discount applied. I have auto pay and picked Friday to pay. So all fueling up to Thursday midnight will be deducted on Friday. As of 1201 on Friday starts the new billing period. You chose what day you want to pay. You will receive a packet with all the info explaining all the other fees as in cash advances, checks and such. No transaction fees on fuel. Within 6 weeks, the use of the card paid for itself verses using my carrier card.

Did you get a credit line from them, or you are on a pre-paid basis?
replyreply
06-13-2016, (Subject: Fuel cards ) 
(06-13-2016 )iRonin Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 )Kenworth2012 Wrote:  I am a single truck leased to a carrier so my cost is $250 per year, $50 dollar setup fee for fuel card and $3.75 per month per card used. No classes required. They will send you two cards but if you only use one, you pay only for the one used. Discounts vary from state to state and TS to TS even if the same chain as in T/A-Petro. They seem to have the best discounts. The extremely high discounts seem to be in the N.E. The discounts can change daily and they will send emails letting you know if it's up or down. There is an app that you can download also so you can check prices along your route. It will show either the max discount or the price you will pay verses the cash discount on the pump. You will receive an email shortly after fueling showing the invoice with the discount applied. I have auto pay and picked Friday to pay. So all fueling up to Thursday midnight will be deducted on Friday. As of 1201 on Friday starts the new billing period. You chose what day you want to pay. You will receive a packet with all the info explaining all the other fees as in cash advances, checks and such. No transaction fees on fuel. Within 6 weeks, the use of the card paid for itself verses using my carrier card.

Did you get a credit line from them, or you are on a pre-paid basis?
I have a credit line. $2500 per week but never come close to that.
replyreply
11-14-2016, (Subject: Fuel cards ) 
My carrier uses comdata and gets .20 to near .50 cents off per gallon depending on state. Which seems great but than I wonder how much of the money saved is uncle Sam going to take. Sorry guess I'm off topic a bit but I've also talked to some carriers who sell their fuel discounts to independant truck operaters. I've no idea how that works.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.