New ISX motor ?
05-10-2019, (Subject: New ISX motor ? ) 
RE: New ISX motor ?
How much torture does having my gear ratio do to my engine @ 3.42?

Is it worth it being changed? Say 3.70?

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
If you're keeping your working RPM above 1300 and not lugging it, with your OTR operations and driving it easy you're not hurting it at all. I wouldn't change ratio's (not worth the expense without cause) unless you start living and pulling in the mountain regions all the time or its time to change a rear. Then I would put both in at the same time and up your ratio.

Your gears aren't ideal but I think you can keep the RPMs up. You just have to work harder at it. It's when you get those dumb 3.27 and below ratio's when they can't keep their working RPMs up because of how long that gear ratio is. Any time a bug farts those guys have to drop gears.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flatbed94kid
Man, truck manufacturers need to read this websight and Rawze’s opinions on rear axle gearing. 95% of the new trucks are 3.42 and higher. I’ve been looking at new ones for weeks and very few have 3.55 and lower. Makes it tough buying the right truck with the right gearing.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.