Companies closed their doors overnight.
05-02-2019, (Subject: Companies closed their doors overnight. ) 
RE: Companies closed their doors overnight.
(05-02-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  sorry I mean it is 700 per week plus $0.10 per mile figuring 3000 miles a week would be $1,000 total and thank you for the correction on the rental lease information

I think you missed my point. It also was not really directed towards anyone in specific, your post just happened to be an example ... Also had nothing to do if it was actually a good deal or not. -- It had to do with me seeing that all-mighty "3,000 mile/week" (there-of) unrealistic numbers type of calc that I see a lot of truck owners do to figure things by.

My point was --> I have never met anyone who could pull off an actual 3,000 (paid only) miles a week -- 52 weeks out of the year continuously, legally as a solo driver.

A person should NEVER EVER EVER do math based on "what you can go in one single week" -- EVER!. ALWAYS DO THE MATH / SCALE IT UP based on a 52-week average of WHAT MILES SOMEONE WILL ACTUALLY ONLY GET PAID FOR IN A YEAR. Otherwise someone is only fooling themselves big-time because they will never achieve it by the time they end up there.

It is no different than saying the speed limit is 75 mph all the way from my pick-up to my destination,.. so theoretically, my 5,000 mile trip should get me there on time based on a 75 mph average. -- ALSO impossible!. Traffic, weigh stations, stopping for fuel, required 30-min breaks, required 10-hr breaks, construction, city congestion, etc.ettc.etc.ertc.) -- Would be sheer stupidity. -- Don't figure your delivery time based on a fantasy,,.. nor should someone do so with their finances.

I tend to point out stuff like this because a lot of people wanting to learn and doing research into this stuff will say "AAHHHhhh..." I haven't thought or factored in more realistic numbers on something. .. So that they don't get themselves into the red from not thinking far enough ahead in their endeavors. This would especially be true of a lease or rental of a truck, or something else that is going to cost you long term over a year or more.

That is the first part of what I was pointing out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
05-05-2019, (Subject: Companies closed their doors overnight. ) 
RE: Companies closed their doors overnight.
(05-02-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-02-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  sorry I mean it is 700 per week plus $0.10 per mile figuring 3000 miles a week would be $1,000 total and thank you for the correction on the rental lease information

I think you missed my point. It also was not really directed towards anyone in specific, your post just happened to be an example ... Also had nothing to do if it was actually a good deal or not. -- It had to do with me seeing that all-mighty "3,000 mile/week" (there-of) unrealistic numbers type of calc that I see a lot of truck owners do to figure things by.

My point was --> I have never met anyone who could pull off an actual 3,000 (paid only) miles a week -- 52 weeks out of the year continuously, legally as a solo driver.

A person should NEVER EVER EVER do math based on "what you can go in one single week" -- EVER!. ALWAYS DO THE MATH / SCALE IT UP based on a 52-week average of WHAT MILES SOMEONE WILL ACTUALLY ONLY GET PAID FOR IN A YEAR. Otherwise someone is only fooling themselves big-time because they will never achieve it by the time they end up there.

It is no different than saying the speed limit is 75 mph all the way from my pick-up to my destination,.. so theoretically, my 5,000 mile trip should get me there on time based on a 75 mph average. -- ALSO impossible!. Traffic, weigh stations, stopping for fuel, required 30-min breaks, required 10-hr breaks, construction, city congestion, etc.ettc.etc.ertc.) -- Would be sheer stupidity. -- Don't figure your delivery time based on a fantasy,,.. nor should someone do so with their finances.

I tend to point out stuff like this because a lot of people wanting to learn and doing research into this stuff will say "AAHHHhhh..." I haven't thought or factored in more realistic numbers on something. .. So that they don't get themselves into the red from not thinking far enough ahead in their endeavors. This would especially be true of a lease or rental of a truck, or something else that is going to cost you long term over a year or more.

That is the first part of what I was pointing out.

nicely put

User's Signature: Just my 2 cents + -
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.