N14 Select
04-30-2019, (Subject: N14 Select ) 
N14 Select
Hi,
I’m have a bit of trouble with my gravel truck. I have a 1994 kenworth with an N14 select. I had it inframed a couple years ago, but I didn’t do the injectors or turbo or fuel pump. It doesn’t get used a whole lot, but it has developed a miss on one cylinder. It runs and idles fine, but when your accelerating is when it starts missing. Just wondering if it might be an injector? I’ve changed the fuel filters but didn’t seem to help. Does insite work on N14? Thanks for any help
replyreply
04-30-2019, (Subject: N14 Select ) 
RE: N14 Select
Does the miss go away, when disconnecting the injector connector on drivers side of engine?
If this is the case, you have discovered the problem.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
05-01-2019, (Subject: N14 Select ) 
90% chance its a bad injector. This is very very common with the n14.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Most failing celect injectors will stutter under acceleration/between gear changes. You need someone to cut them out while you drive. Once you think you've picked the one, cut out it's paired cylinder (1-6 / 2-5 / 3-4) and you will feel the "double miss" as the engine is roughly balanced on 4 cyls for a moment.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Rawze
It could be in the wiring harness as well

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55
Ok, i haven't tried disconnecting anything yet. I'll go try that this afternoon. I do have an adpter to fit the com port to plug into my laptop. I'm not sure if the injector cutout test works on the N14 or not, maybe too old.

Is it best to change all 6 injectors, or just the one giving the trouble?
replyreply
Insite will work on them , just change the one

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.