Volvo cabin horizontal stabilizer bar fix
05-02-2019, (Subject: Volvo cabin horizontal stabilizer bar fix ) 
Information Volvo cabin horizontal stabilizer bar fix
So if you drive a Volvo that the cab leans from one side or you want to prevent it from doing so like I did here's what you gotta do. Obviously if it leans to one side the cab mount bushings and the two vertical shocks are already gone and would highly suggest replacing them and also check your front suspension for any sagging springs or airbag height adjustment. After you've done that now to the part you've been waiting for...

So you gotta go to your local Volvo dealer with $50 (if you don't need anything else mentioned above) and pick up the following:
(2) cab stabilizer plates part #20727214
(4) flange nuts part #990946
(4) flange screws part #984816
****For the older trucks with the four shock system you should also get the stabilizer bar itself which I don't have the number to at the moment also some drilling is required as well as one of the holes are not predrilled on the lower mount...**** here are pictures of what it should look like before and after..

On the newer trucks you will not be reusing the four nuts and bolts on the bushing stabilizer setup as the diameter is much too small.. also all of the holes are predrilled as well. On the older trucks the hole directly under the bolt holding the stabilizer to the bushing bracket is the hole you need you drill into using a template of the new plates you just bought for reference pictured above the round edge facing up and towards the center. You will have to remove the bumper plates as its bolted to where you need the two plates to go to..

If you did everything right it should look like this...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress , Evotrucker , Volvo8873
05-03-2019, (Subject: Volvo cabin horizontal stabilizer bar fix ) 
RE: Volvo cabin horizontal stabilizer bar fix
I don’t understand how removing the torque mount for the stabilizer bar is gonna solve a lean.
replyreply
05-04-2019, (Subject: Volvo cabin horizontal stabilizer bar fix ) 
(05-03-2019 )Magard Wrote:  I don’t understand how removing the torque mount for the stabilizer bar is gonna solve a lean.
what it is supposed to do is keep the cab centered on the frame, like when you drive into a hard cross wind or take corners rather quickly you would experience cab sway but this eliminates that.. you will still lean left or right depending on the truck or weather conditions and it takes a toll on the cab shocks.. obviously if you don't fix what's causing the rear of the cab to rest on one side even after putting the "fixed" mount setup it's still going to lean in that direction until you rectify the original issue..
replyreply
05-04-2019, (Subject: Volvo cabin horizontal stabilizer bar fix ) 
I have the 630 cab. It’s probably not a issue like on the bigger 780 cabs, I get what you’re saying now.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.