Tripac apu
05-29-2019, (Subject: Tripac apu ) 
Tripac apu
Is it safe relatively to bypass the high pressure switch on the AC on my a p u until I can get a new one put in? just found one of the wires broken on mine with no way to splice it back together as it was broke right at the sensor.

And dammit it's warm out and I don't want to have to run the truck.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
05-30-2019, (Subject: Tripac apu ) 
RE: Tripac apu
As long as ur condensor coil is clean, the fan is in good functioning order and its not 100 out u should be fine. That said if something goes wrong and it starts building too much head psi it could result in prty expensive damage. (Far more than 10 gallons of diesel it takes to idle)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I would call a NAPA and see if they can cross reference the switch for you. They will, in most cases deliver the part right to you. I have used them for gaskets and such when on the road, they delivered the parts directly to the truck stop. Also, being a ThermoKing, TA sometimes handles those parts, or at least they used too.
replyreply
Theres also tk dealers in about every decent size city.
replyreply
(05-29-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Is it safe relatively to bypass the high pressure switch on the AC on my a p u until I can get a new one put in? just found one of the wires broken on mine with no way to splice it back together as it was broke right at the sensor.

And dammit it's warm out and I don't want to have to run the truck.

I think you would be tempting fate. - Idle the truck is cheaper than the possible damage, like others mentioned.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-4 thanks all

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.