CM 871 won’t regen
05-04-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
RE: CM 871 won’t regen
Thanks for the help. I will remove the DPF and Doc and post pictures Monday or Tuesday and send them to town for a proper cleaning. I guess I misunderstood what I was reading on the forum in regards to needing to do the maintenance reset sometimes after engine derates due to DPF plugging, lesson learned.

I absolutely watched the readings from the sensors you listed during both the unsuccessfully and the successful regens and everything seams to read what I think they should during these processes. Curious how a person tests these properly or should I plan to blindly replace everything and clean tubes.

I did a charge sir cooler leak test as part of the overhaul. But I will do it again.

Why do IMAPs read zero with key on engine not running?

Is there a way to actuate the EGR valve in Insite? ET has that function but I didn’t see it in insite.

I do wash DPFs with a steam cleaner. It seems to have worked fine a half dozen times? Just need more thoughts on this. Just for giggles I think I will remove and take pictures as suggested, steam clean them, then take them and have them cooked. The first flow test will show how clean I can get them. What do you think?

I am grateful for all the knowledge you guys are willing to share. TIO
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM 871 won’t regen - theironoracle - 05-04-2019
RE: CM 871 won’t regen - Unilevers - 05-05-2019,
RE: CM 871 won’t regen - Unilevers - 08-07-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.