CM 871 won’t regen
08-07-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
RE: CM 871 won’t regen
construction vehicles often do not see highway speeds for an hour+ so that the passive regen cycle can be completed thoroughly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-10-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
What’s the proper way to do a diesel doser injector flow test? Couldn’t locate a video. A truck came in with 2 doser injector codes. Removed it and it’s pretty obvious it’s failed and it is gray around it which I’m pretty sure is coolant? Still learning. TIO
replyreply
08-10-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
from what ive seen pull the injector out of truck then theres an extension hose that stealershits use over to something to fill up with fuel when testing injector. thats all i know about it.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: theironoracle
08-18-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
New problem!!! Truck won’t regen with the button or with insite. Gets right up to 500+ degrees DOC. As soon as the injector opens the coolant low light comes on and aborts regen. Performed the same 4 times. Found broken wire on level sensor plug. Does low coolant level actually keep the regen from working or is this a sign of something else? Why does the light only come on when the injector gets ready to fire?....TIO
replyreply
I don't have the answer for you but I don't think 500 degrees is hot enough to do a regen. I think it needs to be around 1200-1300

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(08-18-2019 )theironoracle Wrote:  ... Does low coolant level actually keep the regen from working

yes it can.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: theironoracle
08-29-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
(08-18-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  I don't have the answer for you but I don't think 500 degrees is hot enough to do a regen. I think it needs to be around 1200-1300

I probably only have about 10 hours using insite on these engines so I may be incorrect. The doser fires at just over 500 degrees inlet DoC. The temps you are referring to are outlet DPF temps at about the hottest a regen should get. After installing a new plug on the coolant level sensor wire all seems to be back to normal with the regen. TIO
replyreply
12-11-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
I completed the trouble shooting in Insite. It ends at replace harness if that doesn’t fix it replace ECM. The harness is a month out so I installed the ECM and it didn’t change. Fails the heater test every time. I did my own harness testing looking for shorts to power, ground and resistance and really don’t see anything wrong with the harness. I’m think about installing new heaters thinking they may fail when power goes to them even though they pass the ohms tests. Any info would be appreciated!!! Cummins tech support literally laughed at me when I asked for operating peramiters of the system. Thanks TIO

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201912/post_4329_1576083820_d5094a587c709f007737adeafd013b3f.png
replyreply
12-11-2019, (Subject: CM 871 won’t regen ) 
(12-11-2019 )theironoracle Wrote:  I completed the trouble shooting in Insite. It ends at replace harness if that doesn’t fix it replace ECM. The harness is a month out so I installed the ECM and it didn’t change. Fails the heater test every time. I did my own harness testing looking for shorts to power, ground and resistance and really don’t see anything wrong with the harness. I’m think about installing new heaters thinking they may fail when power goes to them even though they pass the ohms tests. Any info would be appreciated!!! Cummins tech support literally laughed at me when I asked for operating peramiters of the system. Thanks TIO

BTW: THAT IS NOT THE SAME ENGINE YOU POSTED ABOUT EARLIER -- THAT IS A CM2350 ENGINE, NOT A CM871 LIKE IN YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS!!!

{ When re-reading this thread, I get this strong feeling this guy has no clue how to work on modern diesel engines, and has had every bad habit in the book}

Hopefully, he has learned that you cannot just wash DPF cans with water or any other liquids, as it washes out the precious metals, - Hopefully he has now learned that these cry-babies are a delicate flower that need that torque wrench instead of that air-speed-gun when doing things ... and hopefully he is wiser for it now...

-- That troubleshooting tree in Insite is only about 30% accurate on its best days.

First thing you should do is check that the program in the engine matches exactly the truck and engine.

- I cannot quite make out the engine ser# in the photo you supplied. It is just a bit too blurry (tried like hell to make it out), but the program is EF10067.41 - Use the engine ser# and go to quickserv.com and verify that is the correct program for this engine and truck. Hopefully, the engine ser# is correct and no one swapped program or ecm or engine?. - maybe use the vin# of truck to verify?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.