crank dampener marking
05-05-2019, (Subject: crank dampener marking ) 
crank dampener marking
I'm trying to do an over head tune up on my ISX 871. the crank dampener is very rusty and couldn't read the making

is there another way to find the TDC for each cylinder?

what is firing order for this engine?

thank you in advance
replyreply
05-06-2019, (Subject: crank dampener marking ) 
RE: crank dampener marking
the firing order is 153624. As for the marking's, perhaps a wire brush would help. The mark's are actually stenciled.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
I think he meant engraved. They are actually scratched into the balancer
replyreply
Like hhow55 said use wire brush and paint marker helps sometimes to find the correct markings. Can't really do adjustment without them.
It may be really hard to find them even for someone that do them often. Maybe ask someone to find/show you them . Just stay on the safe side.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
05-07-2019, (Subject: crank dampener marking ) 
sometimes I use sand paper to clear the rust and a small flashlight shining it at a steep angle to the surface to find them. - If you find only one of them, it is really easy to find the rest. - Simply use a paint marker of sharpie to put a line on the face in front of the one you found, then rotate the engine until the mark is facing straight down. The next mark will be somewhat close in the area where it has to line up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: alborz
05-07-2019, (Subject: crank dampener marking ) 
(05-07-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  sometimes I use sand paper to clear the rust and a small flashlight shining it at a steep angle to the surface to find them. - If you find only one of them, it is really easy to find the rest. - Simply use a paint marker of sharpie to put a line on the face in front of the one you found, then rotate the engine until the mark is facing straight down. The next mark will be somewhat close in the area where it has to line up.
I think if any letter (A, B, or C) represent two cylinders then all the circumference of the dampener is divided by 3 and 120' apart. like 3 slices of a pizza.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.