Cummins ISX400, can`t install OEM ECM calibration!
05-21-2016, (Subject: Cummins ISX400, can`t install OEM ECM calibration! ) 
Cummins ISX400, can`t install OEM ECM calibration!
Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my truck, I have a 2005 Volvo with the cummins isx400 engine. I bought it recently and I realize that the engine has a non original ECM and calibration on board(Different Part Number and ESN), this calibration is set to squeeze from engine 565 hp and has a different cpl which is 8518 compare to original cpl 8520.
The engine seemed to run smooth, but, no long time after I purchased it one of the cylinder`s head valve brake and get out in intake. I rebuild the engine, put a new head on and after 40k miles head gasket problem come on again...
I think the problem is the wrong ECM calibration version. When I try to install the right calibration, following ESN quickserve suggestion, In cummins insite I get a error (ECM part number not match to selected calibration), then I use Calterm to Download to ECM the OEM calibration, after is done, truck dash board send me errors (check engine ecu and check light control module), in INSITE Fault code 0132 or PID 91 FMI 4 SPN 91(Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Circuit - shorted low. Low voltage detected at accelerator pedal position signal circuit.)

What I do wrong , should I switch any wire from ECM with place? Please help to figure this out! A Big Thank You in advance!
replyreply
RE: Cummins ISX400, can`t install OEM ECM calibration!
I think the issue is you failed to save a template that tells the ecm where to find all the source addresses for the TPS, and various other items that the body control module would normally pass on to the ECM. Did you happen to make a copy of the original file in the ECM before your overwrote it?

PS: on a Volvo I think there are no less than 7 body computers that talk to the ECM.
replyreply
(05-21-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  I think the issue is you failed to save a template that tells the ecm where to find all the source addresses for the TPS, and various other items that the body control module would normally pass on to the ECM. Did you happen to make a copy of the original file in the ECM before your overwrote it?

PS: on a Volvo I think there are no less than 7 body computers that talk to the ECM.

yes, when I download it back to ECM everything came back to normal,
If I will change all the truck computers addresses similar to the original in my calibration this may work?
replyreply
it should. We usually make a template using insite and then flash the ecm, then restore the template we saved which should tell the new calibration where to find everything. I have not had to do this personally, just recalling what I have read about it. An OEM calibration is a blank calibration as it is missing all the addressing.
replyreply
You cannot use Calsterm to put a blank calibration into an ecm. It will not work correctly and it will not have the right addresses for the truck/dash in it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Flashing your ecm is seriously risky. Be careful or you will end up buying a new ecm, but on the bright side you will have an ecm shaped Cummins Boat Anchor
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Doublecoin
05-22-2016, (Subject: Cummins ISX400, can`t install OEM ECM calibration! ) 
(05-21-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  Flashing your ecm is seriously risky. Be careful or you will end up buying a new ecm, but on the bright side you will have an ecm shaped Cummins Boat Anchor

I assumed the risk, I will try tomorrow to change those addresses manually or to use cummins insite template, will see how it works i never have it done before,
specially for this I will go tomorrow morning to the church, see maybe god will also be interested in cummins ECM and will give me a help...
Thank everyone for advice, a hope for the happy end !!
replyreply
05-22-2016, (Subject: Cummins ISX400, can`t install OEM ECM calibration! ) 
this is not just directed at you, but anyone who reads this thread.

if you dont know or are worried about it get someone who knows and is experienced in the ways of the cummins ECM. you are fighting for days where you could have just payed/got help from someone and been done in 1/2 hr.

my 0.02c
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Drybulktanker
05-23-2016, (Subject: Cummins ISX400, can`t install OEM ECM calibration! ) 
(05-21-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  it should. We usually make a template using insite and then flash the ecm, then restore the template we saved which should tell the new calibration where to find everything. I have not had to do this personally, just recalling what I have read about it. An OEM calibration is a blank calibration as it is missing all the addressing.
Thank you, I sent to Ecm previous calibration's template everything is working fine now, no fault codes, and the right calibration is installed!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Truck328

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.