Turbo actuator position sensor
05-12-2019, (Subject: Turbo actuator position sensor ) 
RE: Turbo actuator position sensor
I already have it installed on my truck . I installed it the same way you showed in your video on the outside to see the accumulated heat . I drive by them all the time but I can't seem to figure out what the deal is with my mileage. I mean I accelerate very very slowly and keep my rpm high when loaded and keep my speed around 50 - 55 mph but I can't get good mileage no matter what I do. I also noticed that it's not consistent when it comes to egt's and boost. For example I could drive fully loaded in the morning getting egt's around 400 with boost around 7 psi at 53 mph then come back the afternoon for the exact same load same road same conditions but it would be around 500 and the boost around 12 psi to be able to keep it at 53 mph . I'm thinking maybe the actuator is sticking and creating those conditions. What you think ?

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply
could be. What is the highest the boost will get to in a hard pull with the accelerator all the way in the floor after a minute or so? How high will the pyro start to peak after pulling hard for several minutes ?

When is the last time you had the exhaust cans pulled out, baked on a machine and de-ashed?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-12-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  could be. What is the highest the boost will get to in a hard pull with the accelerator all the way in the floor after a minute or so? How high will the pyro start to peak after pulling hard for several minutes ?

When is the last time you had the exhaust cans pulled out, baked on a machine and de-ashed?

I never pressed the pedal all the way for that long . I'm new to trucking so don't know if it's ok to do that . So the longest I would flour it would be maybe 10 -15 seconds then I would down shift taking the rpm up to 1700 and press 1/2 or a little more until it goes down to 1400 then downshift again . I would lose alote of speed doing uphill and my egt's would go up at maximum 600 . That's when fully loaded to maximum permitted weight going up hill.

replyreply
(05-12-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  could be. What is the highest the boost will get to in a hard pull with the accelerator all the way in the floor after a minute or so? How high will the pyro start to peak after pulling hard for several minutes ?

I never took out the dpf because it shows 1.6 1.7 1.8

replyreply
Now I'm wondering if someone reset the dpf history without it really being new.

replyreply
The highest the boost will go is 36 psi for half a second then goes to 32 -33 max

replyreply
05-13-2019, (Subject: Turbo actuator position sensor ) 
You said there is only 400,000 miles on your truck, that is low mileage for an 871. What model truck? What are you hauling and where, what are the conditions like? Is this a dump truck? I'm thinking the CAC needs a good cleaning along with a pressure test.
replyreply
Ils à prostar 2011 daycab. I haul intrermodal containers and 3/4 of my loads are compacted recycling paper . My weight with the truck is 39 tons and the road is flat with some little ups and downs nothing serious. I pressure tested the CAC and it was not leaking. Didn't clean it yet. What's a good intake air temperature reading should be at?

replyreply
Also I did the overhead set like in your video. But I didn't find the precision tool for torquing the injectors. When I did it I heard some very subtle knocking coming from the cylinder 5 or 6 when idle the next day so I retorque it right away and it never heard it again.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.